TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-18-2002, 04:44 PM   #21

Default Re: fridge question

Happytrails,  you might still want to keep the little blower fan working over the fridge coils when the TM's closed.   The ventilation will help when it's hot outside.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:03 AM   #22
Happytrails

Default Re: fridge question

Well, it's a flat back unit like most of them, there are no exposed coils.....just a small area near the bottom where the compressor and dryer are. I don't think that'd be needed. I would have to rig up some sort of fan system to get up in there.......think I'll stick with the blue ice trick for now......

Happytrails........
Old 09-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #23
Robert's TM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;3268
We run our fridge on 12V while on the road, however I have installed a relay in line with the 12V source to the fridge. You will find this recommendation the fridge manual. The relay is operated by an extra circuit connected to the ignition wiring in your tow vehicle. When the ignition in the tow vehicle is off the 12V to the fridge is turned off. This avoids running batteries down and avoids running the fridge at a tilt if you park on a slope. There are some that say the latter item is not much of a concern in the newer fridges. I won't argue that point.
- - - - - -
I also installed a relay to cut power whenever ignition is off.

Works great..... With no worries about battery going dead..:-)