TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Frame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #11
ThePair
TrailManor Master

I wouldn't know anything about different jacks. That being said, you could consider lowering the front, putting jackstands in the rear, then raising the tongue and putting stands on the front. As long as the jack on the tongue were strong enough (you may want to check on that--the factory could put on a heavier-duty tongue jack) you could conceivably get the wheels high enough to slide the dollies under in this manner without having to worry about the stabilizing corner jacks.

If it were me doing this, once the TM was on the dollies, I'd just leave it on them until I needed to take it out again. I wouldn't bother with trying to get them out once stored. The ones I've seen are all curved on the bottom, so there wouldn't be a significant issue with tire flattening, even if you left the TM tires on them all winter.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
CrazyCampers

By jackstands, I assume you mean separate jacks and not the stabilizing ones that come with the TM. I assume then they could be jacked up higher than the TM corner ones.

I think we could get away with leaving the TM on the skates between trips with the option of setting the jacks in the winter.

To be honest I would be ok with leaving my car outside, especially in the summer, but the Durango is my DH's car and it is brand spanking new and it won't fit in the third stall. My DH is still in that stage of parking the car at the end of the parking lot to avoid dings from other cars.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #13
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

Is your idea to back the TM in with the TV or to use the skates and push it into the garage and into place?

PS: Blocks of wood under the jacks will definitely give you the height you desire!

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #14
CrazyCampers

Back TM into the garage using the TV. Unhitch it. Jack it up. Slide the skates under. Lower jacks so tires are resting on skates. Slide TM sideways in garage closer to pole.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #15
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

What is the actual depth of the garage?

2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #16
CrazyCampers

The depth of the garage is only around 20-21 feet. With the swing hitch the TM should be 18'3", so I think the depth is ok.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #17
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

I don't think you will have any problems getting it into position!

I have seen the picture of the TM in the garage that you spoke of and its great to be able to do that! I wish I could thing of who it is! LOL!

2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #18
CrazyCampers

Did you post a picture like that? Is that how you store yours?

I thought it was posted by ScottieDogs but I can't find the picture now.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #19
MudDog
TrailManor Master

Our garage door is off-set a bit and we have cabinets along the wall. With the pole, not sure if this would work for you, but here's what we do:

I have tape on the garage floor of where I want the back wheel. I back into the garage with the primary focus of getting the back wheel where I want it without worrying to much about the front being to close to the center of the garage. Once in position, we chalk the wheels.

We then unhitch and lower the front jacks onto wheel skates (we were originally going to do what you're planning, but this was easier). We then raise the tongue jack so we can swing the swing hitch back. With the front jacks on the wheel skates, I can push the TM closer to the wall if needed.

Before we hitch-up for the next trip, we push the front of the TM back towards the center and away from the garage door off-set so we don't catch it on the way out. This also gives us enough room to raise the wall side jack.

Each of my jacks is rated at 5,000 lbs and the same amount of weight would be resting on them anyways since I have a swing hitch that needs to be swung back. Only difference is I have them on wheel skates. This way I don't have to jack up the trailer to use the wheel skates and I'm not trying to jack the trailer up with the jacks.

Not sure if the angle will be a problem with the pole, but if you can get the wheels close enough to where you need them this might work.
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #20
CrazyCampers

That sounds worth a try. We'll just have to see how it all works when we bring our TM home.