TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
Vic Mendoza

Default Double Bed size adequate?

Most double beds are 54 inches wide. The double bed in a TM brochure says 48 inches wide. Is this width enough for two adults to sleep comfortably?
We're looking at the 2619 and are worried about the bed size.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
camp2canoe

Default Double bed size adequate?

Vic - I am 5'10" and DW 5'3". Together we weigh just under 300# - she won't let me break it down any more than that! Although we have a queen size mattress at home, we fit just fine on the 48" berth in our 2619. Comfort of the factory mattress is a different question altogether. My present solution is a half inch of closed cell foam under the mattress as well as two 2" Therm-A-Rests. The foam stays on the bed all the time and the Therm-A-Rests we fold in half and store in the dinette area while traveling. - Camp2Canoe
Old 06-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #3
2bcs1jrt

DH and I thought it might be tight but it has been fine and we have been using ours for a year now. I am 5'9" and DH is 6'. No problem for us. Our Coleman had the same size bed but we could convert the dinette to make it larger. (A pain to build and unbuild every day.) We recently added 1 inch memory foam pad has really made it cushy.
Cheri
Old 06-07-2006, 04:32 PM   #4
PopBeavers

We bought the 2720 instead of the 2619 for just that reason. The rear queen in the 2720 is fine for the two of us. I don't think we would have liked the 2619 sized rear bed. The additional storage under it is also quite useful.

We had to get the swing away tongue in order to fit into the garage. The 2619 would have fit with a standard tongue.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:53 PM   #5
Doug W.

If you have the tow vehicle, go for the 3124KB. It has a king bed. We do not need the additional size, but we sleep with our heads toward the front of the TM and our feet toward the back. That way you do not have to climb over and wake the spouse in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #6
sir1doc

they don't make our exact model anymore but it's really close to the 3023. I recommend the Queen not the double. I'm 6'4 and DW is 5'10" we have plenty of room in the queen. Even had our 2yr old with us during a storm. not possible with the double. We like having the two beds (front one can store items during the day) versus the king size model that only gives you one bed.
that's my 2 cents
Old 06-12-2006, 05:32 PM   #7
Doug W.

Jason, it depends on which model you get. The 3124KB is like yours or the 3023 except the back bed is a king bed. The 3124KS I have is basically the 3124KB with the front slider like a 2720SL compared to a 2720.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:44 AM   #8
sir1doc

Thanks Doug