TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
FightinIrish

Default Lights in your fridge !!!

Anyone ever thought of installing a light in your fridge like your fridge at home? I just hate turning on the lights when I have to have a snack late at night when the boss is in the back sleeping.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
BrigCA61

Just be extra-sneaky and use a small flashlight!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:17 PM   #3
MidwestDave

Thumbs up Bright idea!

What you want is one like mine. It's a light on a head band so you have both hands free to choose your late night snack!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I love my LED headlight. Sometimes I wake up during the middle of the night, or way earlier in the morning than everyone else, and I use it to read. I'm going to buy one for each of the kids this Christmas. When we dry camp I make them borrow mine to read or do homework. Only problem I have is trying to find it in the dark when I wake up.

I wonder if one of those stick-on lights would work for the fridge? Ours is always packed so full of stuff that there wouldn't be much extra room for one of those lights, and would the batteries work if it's that cold inside?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:17 AM   #5
BrigCA61

I got one of those headlights for my hubby for his birthday. It is probably one of the best trailer accessories we've bought. He keeps it under the front seat and uses it to set up the trailer when we arrive after dark. The second most frequent reason we use it is when we take the dogs out to go potty at night. A very useful item!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:35 AM   #6
FightinIrish

I do have one of those and they are wonderful little tools. Just wasn't sure if anyone had done the modification to include a light in the fridge.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
MidwestDave

Talking Fridge light

I think the problem with lighting the fridge is where would you put the light where it would shed the most light? With our fridge it is pretty full and with a light at the top you could not see things on the bottom shelf. A touch light may be the answer, they are cheap and portable. You might want to experiment!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:42 PM   #8
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

The LED headsets are also great for looking for bugs, frogs, and other critters at night! Their eyeshine reflects right back at you making it easy to find them.

It's flat out amazing how many spiders are in an average lawn (non pesticided ones, that is). Try it some night and look for all the blue-green points of light in your plants!
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:00 AM   #9
mgoblue911

Default Light in fridge

Seems like a tap light would be an inexpensive solution. We have them all over in our cupboards in the TM. Batteries shouldn't be a problem, my little fridge fan works on two D cells that have lasted the whole season so far.