TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-15-2003, 10:41 AM   #1
TomEve

Default Storing TV and Mirowave While towing.

Does any one have suggestions on where they put their TV and mirowave when towing or how they secure them from sliding around while towing. I have been wrapping them in old blankets and using old pillows to secure them on the floor. There must be a better way then this.

TomEve
Old 01-15-2003, 10:53 AM   #2
WNYChange

Default Re: Storing TV and Mirowave While towing.

Our microwave rides on the floor in the bathroom. It fits nicely between the sink and the bottom half of the door. Our TV rides on the couch with the chair parked in front of it, and we also add some pillows to keep it from moving around. So far, we haven't had any problems.

Old 01-15-2003, 12:22 PM   #3
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

We have a 3326 King and the microwave is built in where the oven goes. We have a 13 inch GE color tv that I place on the floor in front of the couch. The floor in front of the couch is part of the slide out and is wide enough for it to fit nicely. Our big chair goes in the entrance way when the slide out is pushed in. We have never had any problem with it moving. I always make certain that the picture tube is facing the couch.

In our 1994 3326 King, we had the oven and bought a small portable microwave. I always put it on the floor next to the wardrobe which was lying on the floor. I had small pieces of foam that I put on the sides and also next to the wardrobe to prevent scratching. Never had any problems. With the 2002 model, the microwave is built in and sure makes it a lot handier. Your 3124KS model will have the same front slide out as our trailer. So doing what I do should work fine.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 01:30 PM   #4
Gene

I built a shelf on the side of the refrigerator cabinet. I designed it so that the slideout wall and floor do not interfere with the shelf. The TV stays on the shelf permanently. I also added a shelf to the top of the TV extending more counter space on our 3326 King.
Old 01-16-2003, 05:47 AM   #5
2619PDX

We have a model 2619, with a 9" TV and a the portable microwave.

I put the TV ad remote under the dinette seat next to the fresh water tank, and put the microwave on the floor in front of the dinette table.

Everything seems to ride ok that way.

Best,

Gregg
Old 01-16-2003, 06:48 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Our couch runs left-to-right, like yours.  We put the microwave and TV side by side on the couch, with their glass fronts facing forward (into the padding of the couch rear cushion).  A small throw pillow is dropped between them to prevent them from rubbing each other, and the blue chair is pulled up against their backs.  In 10,000 miles, including some of the steepest mountains in the west, we have never had anything move.

We often carry a cooler and a box of "stuff" on the floor in the kitchen.  Since the linoleum is slippery, these things do tend to move a little bit, and I wouldn't want the TV or microwave down there mixing it up with them.

Besides, I hate lifting that microwave from floor level!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 08:02 AM   #7
arknoah

We have a 3225, and store both our Half pint microwave and TV/ VCR combination on the floor right in front of the dining table.  Putting pillows around them, especially around the screen has never been much of a pain.  Considering that they both fit in the space side by side, they aren't very big either, which is fine by us, since we don't want to lose too much living space with a large TV anyway.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:14 AM   #8
2619PDX

Can I ask as question  ??? - Does anyone really use their microwave? We're trying to decide if we need to keep hauling it around as it takes up valuable counter space in the model 2619...

Gregg
Old 01-16-2003, 08:50 AM   #9
caremd99

We use ours.  My wife is a big fan of microwave TV dinners so she doesn't have to cook!
Old 01-16-2003, 10:02 AM   #10
2619PDX

Caremd99:
You've actually got room to carry FROZEN TV dinners in your small refrig? They must have changed the size of the refer in your unit. I could probably carry 1 TV dinner in my small freezer section... I'm impressed. Didn't know you could do that in a TM refrig unit.

Am I missing something here? :-/

Gregg