TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2005, 10:09 AM   #1
jackehop41

Default No Owner Manual or Component Manuals

Thursday we picked up our "New" TM 3023 from Chillhowee RV, the closest dealer to the factory and in fact they recommended them to me when I called. Alicia Hodson, the business manager handled the paperwork. I used the dealers' financing, bought their insurance, bought an extended warranty and spent a good amount of money in their camp store.

Two problems. First, the demo guy and the business manager told me that the above manuals were in drawers in the TM and in fact she cautioned me to complete the warranty cards and return to the mfgs. In the fog of new things to remember about how to operate TM, forgot to check for manuals and in fact none were in the drewers. Second, I requested a specific model of electric tongue hitch be installed. Explained what functions I needed via email and by phone with salesman Joe Vernitti. He said he'd chech to see if they could get the one I wanted and get back to me. A few hours later, he email me indicatin that the model I wanted was in fact available and would be installed. It was not until that evening while setting up in a campground did I discover that a less expersive and inferior model had been installed.

Finally, I realize that I was purchasing a TM at the end of the selling year but I assumed it would have at least been detailed since it was being sold as NEW! Not only were there no manuals, but much of the unit showed obvious signs of having been used as a demo and not cleaned up for delivery. I know it's "buyer beware" and we should have inspected the unit more carfully, but with all the financial detail and operational demonstration, we overlooked the above. The point is we shouldn't have had to.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:54 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The dealer should have the blue book - the trailers are shipped from the factory with them. However, the dealer sometimes misplaces them. Mine came from the dealer with a blue book, but for a different trailer (the first page of the book is a trailer information page, which lists the VIN, and the specific models of the appliances and their serial numbers). I simply called the dealer and he shipped out the proper copy of the blue book. I then returned the one I had.

Press your dealer on this issue. At the very least, he should be able to get a new copy from the factory.

Bill

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:06 PM   #3
masterge

All manuals should be avaialble on line in pdf and HTML formats. It might actually help marketing for prospective buyers to see and read the manuals before buying. It is 2007. High quality documents are the norm in this day and age and should be the norm for TM. Thank You so very much to Mike and Kelly for your 2720 TM Manual. It is much better than the factory manual. For those of you who have 2720s, search for Mike an Kelly on this site and D/L it. You will be impressed. I just bought a 2720. I expect a high quality and comprehensive manual that brings it all together. The factory manual is OK, but really they should have made the better manual vice Mike ad Kelly. TM RECOMMENDATION. Go look at Mike and Kelly's Manual and make your manual look like their's. You might want to hire Mike and Kelly to make one for you. They already have a very nice 2720 manual.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:25 PM   #4
Catawbalea

I copied and saved Mike and Kelly's manual and it sure was a help. I put in in a green binder like the blue binder from the factory. Now we have two sets of info. Remember, though, the year the manual was written. Several bits of advice in this forum and perhaps the manuals are dated for your TM.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:46 AM   #5
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default Manual trouble.

When I purchased my TM I knew nothing about manuals. I learned that I should have one from this forum. When I called the dealer and asked where it was, they said look in the drawers. I did. I then called back and told them it wasn't there. They actually wanted me to haul my TM back to their lot so they could show me where I had missed it. The service manager eventually found my manual "in back". At first they said they were to keep it and that it was never intended for the owner. A call to the factory let me go home with it. It was the first TM they had ever sold and some confusion was to be expected but I see that these troubles are widespread.