TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > TrailManor Pictures
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2023, 07:22 PM   #21
Househunterlives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Bill- I have the same one on my 3326. Oh it’s definitely an upgrade. It actually gives you something to grip while attaching the hose.

HHL- Does yours sing whenever water flows through it? Whenever I open a faucet I get a humming noise from the inlet. I don’t know if it’s the check valve or the hose I attached to it to align with the TM plumbing or the water regulator outside or what. I plan to investigate this spring but figured I’d ask if you have the same problem.
No mine doesn't sing when the water is running. But I still need to do a winter flush on everything. I ran the kitchen sink long enough to make sure I didn't have any leaks at the pump. I think the metal dish unit is so much nicer than the cheap plastic one that was on there before. Very solid connection to the pump. Got it off amazon for around $18. Was well worth the extra money. Another plus to this unit, is you get the extra support to hold the weight of your hose and / or water filter. Eventually I plan on doing a big blue water filter upgrade. You mount a 4" PVC coupler to your bumper. And the Big Blue sets inside of the PVC. Holds it in place. The water filter is big enough to do your whole house. Would last a whole year.
Househunterlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 08:11 AM   #22
jagizzi
Site Sponsor

Wow, looks in great shape from the outside, good for you guys! Does anyone know, is the factory using eternabond tape now as opposed to dicor?
jagizzi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 08:15 PM   #23
Househunterlives

Default Power outlet mod

So if you haven't done this mod to you electrical cord you should do it. Bought a RV conversion outlet kit. This will allow you to use any power cord to connect to your TM. Of course you have to use the 30amp plug connection. The other added benefit is you don't have to fight to wind up you cord into that bumper space on the back. All you have to do is remove the old plastic cover and pull out your power cord from the bumper. Disconnect your battery first. Measure out about 8" from the side of the camper and cut the cord off. You have to strip the power cord insulation. Install the new adapter cover where the old plastic cover was. Install the new male end to the power cord from the camper. Then install the female end on the power cord that you just cut off. Bamm... you have a power cord you can easily store in the garage of the TM. Oh and its water proof. Really like this mod. Best one yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230329_131913.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	21793   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230329_142228.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	21794   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230329_142150.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	21795  
Old 04-01-2023, 09:58 PM   #24
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Make sure the cord plug is fully seated at the camper. We see a lot of cords get melty due to a bad connection.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 10:28 PM   #25
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

And note that the plug is Twist-Lock. After you insert the plug, don't forget to twist it to seat it properly. Otherwise - as Shane said, things can get melty.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 01:07 PM   #26
Househunterlives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
And note that the plug is Twist-Lock. After you insert the plug, don't forget to twist it to seat it properly. Otherwise - as Shane said, things can get melty.

Bill
Yep for sure. Nice thing too is once you twist lock it. The weather protector screws on and holds it in place
Old 04-02-2023, 05:42 PM   #27
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Not meaning to throw water on your project, but what do you think of this post?

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...d.php?p=155346

I am about to go back to the hard-wired configuration.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 06:47 AM   #28
Househunterlives

Default Rewind the story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Not meaning to throw water on your project, but what do you think of this post?

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...d.php?p=155346

I am about to go back to the hard-wired configuration.

Bill
Nice story and there is some truth to it. But lets rewind it. It is dark, raining and you have to put the cord back up. You first have to remove the bumper cover in order to wind up the cord into that small space. So you remove the cover and put it on the ground. Well... the wind took flight the cover and its now 2 camp sites down. After retrieving the broken pieces of the cover. You now are trying to hold the umbrella and pull and pushing the cord with one hand into that small compartment. Its cold outside too. So the cord is stiff which makes it harder to coil it up into that small bumper space. By now your DW is setting in the car wondering if you are ok cause its taking so long to put the cord up. She won't get out of the car cause its raining and she is soo sweet she will melt if she get wet. Now that the cord is in the bumper you manage to put the pieces of the cover back on. Oh then you notice the prongs on the plug have grass and mud from dragging it across the ground. It won't fit into the rat hole from all the debris.
Marine connection. Untwist the connection. Wipe the cord off while your coiling it up. Place it in the container in the back of the car. Get in the car and leave. Don't have to fight the cord. Don't have to mess with the bumper cover. And my cord is protected in my dry car. Not in a bumper that is still in the weather. And if your next stop is cold. That stiff cord will be and issue pulling it out of the bumper. Not my cord. Nice and warm/dry and can roll out easy.
But it is up to each individual preference as to what works for them and what they like to do. cheers.
Old 04-03-2023, 07:12 AM   #29
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Or, you’re not in the rain while you recoil the cord into the bumper because you have the rear bunk slid out acting as a shelter. And you’d have to take the bumper cover off anyway to get to the sewer hose.

Or, it’s pouring rain and now the twist lock is slippery and you just can’t quite grip it well enough to untwist the weather seal. And now you have a full 25ft of cord setting in the mud when you really only needed to deploy 10ft to reach the pedestal. And that’s if someone didn’t come along while you were out fishing or hiking and swipe your detachable cord because they didn’t fully connect theirs and it got all melty.

Maybe we should just forget about having power altogether and just sit inside the hot, dark camper staring at the wall the entire weekend.

Or, maybe it’s sunny outside and your trip to the campground didn’t have delays so you got their on time and are fully set up and sitting by the campfire with a cold beverage as the sun sets.

And let’s be honest the wife is sitting in the car playing Pokémon Go regardless of the weather and whatever struggles you may be facing, ready to complain you’re taking too long no matter how fast or slow you may be tearing down/setting up/cooking dinner/starting a fire/or whatever else.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 06:45 AM   #30
Househunterlives

Default New lights

Upgraded our light to LED's. Change out some the light fixtures with just LED bulbs. Which made them look new again. Much cooler operating temp and brighter light. Uses less power too. Change out the florescent lights with new fixtures. Was a great cheap fix. I was missing the lens to them. So this was a win. Has 3 different color lights settings and can be dimmable. Again less power, cooler operating temp and brighter light.
I also replace some of the outside lights to LEDs. The switch on them stop working. Tried to save them, but no go. Much brighter light and comes with an amber and clear lenses. So have all the old parts if someone wants them...lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230409_150848[1].jpg
Views:	34
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	21830   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230409_153404.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	21831   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230413_201402.jpg
Views:	29