TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 05:22 PM   #1
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Default Ordering parts from the factory

I’ve been told by the folks at TM that for non-specific TM parts they would prefer you order from Amazon or another vendor. They usually can’t match their prices especially when you factor in free shipping. Along those lines I’m working on setting up a TrailManor Fans Amazon store. Also, I posted this over on TMF Facebook page. It might be helpful here, too.

There have been a couple posts here complaining about lack of response from TrailManor about parts, etc. so I wanted to post some contact information. If you don’t get a reply from one within a day or so, please try the next person. They can all help you if need be. If all else fails, email Paul. He WILL reply.

Lexie
(605) 999-9605
[email protected]

Jacob (Service)
(605) 933-0887
[email protected]

Jack (Office/Purchasing)
(605) 999-6862
[email protected]

Paul
[email protected]

Please remember this is a small company. They aren’t ignoring you. It’s in their best interest to provide the best customer service possible, and more often than not they go above and beyond. If you have a parts request, the best way to get what your looking for is an email with pictures. You might call it a thingamahooha but TrailManor lists it as a whozywhatzit, but a picture is universal. Also keep in mind they don’t stock parts for non-TM specific systems like the fridge, toilet, lights, etc. If you need an igniter for the water heater or a replacement lens, they probably won’t have it. They might be able to order one and then ship it to you but they will even tell you you’re better off going through Amazon or even the manufacturer of the part. If it’s a new TM the part might even be under that manufacturer’s warranty!
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Old 01-11-2023, 10:31 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Good post, Shane, thanks.

The distinction between TM-specific parts and non-specific parts is important. TM-specific parts are those that are made specifically for Trailmanor, and not used anywhere else. Examples include torsion bars and exterior trim pieces. By contrast, non-specific parts are those that are used elsewhere, and so are generally available elsewhere.

It is important to remember that the TM factory is just that - a factory, not a parts warehouse. They buy complex items, such as the stove or the power converter, as pre-assembled units, and simply install each item as they build a TM. They never deal with the individual parts that make up one of these items, so if you break a stove knob, for example, they can't replace that knob for you. You need to either go to the stove manufacturer, or to an on-line RV parts warehouse.

In my experience, TM is really good about things like torsion bars and trim, and they are very helpful with info about mysterious but non-TM-specific things like window assemblies. Several years ago, they helped me with information about the window assemblies they use - but I got the replacement pane from Hehr, the manufacturer of the window.

Think of the similarity between the TM factory and a Ford Motors factory. If you break a knob on the Ford-installed Bose radio, do you call the Ford factory for a new knob? Most likely not. Instead you will check with Bose, or an online electronics parts place. Or you might check with your Ford dealer, just as you could check with your TM dealer. Dealers are generally not parts warehouses either, but they will help you obtain the part you need.

Thanks again, Shane.

Bill
Closed Thread