TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
pmbarber

Default Trailmanor pricing

Hello, long time reader, but first post and new to the camping world. I wanted to get the opinions of Trailmanor owners here to see if I was getting a good deal. I have an opportunity to buy a 2011 2720SL for $15900. I looked the trailer over today and it seemed really clean and in like new condition. Now mind you I really have no idea what to look for so I was hoping for help. What specifically should I pay close attention to when looking at used Trailmanors? Does the price seem right for a 2011 2720SL? And my TV is a 2006 Honda Odyssey. Based on what I have read on the boards, if properly equiped this should serve just fine as my TV, correct? Thank you so much for your help.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
ChillEDog

Have you checked NADA guide

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2011/T...2720SL/4117352

It helps if you know all the options in the trailer.

It **sounds** like a good deal to me. I'm no expert tho.
ChillEDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Well, the TM new listed at $29k in 2011, so if you can get it for 1/2 price two years later, I would suspect its a good deal. Things to look for would be exterior damage anywhere, awning, all mechanicals are in good working order. Have them demonstrate the A/C, refridgerator, furnace, toilet, water pump, hitch, leveling jacks, folding mechanisms, power vent, and no visible water leaks. Title is transferable, pay off? is it financed? Any warranty still in effect?

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

hi yas
does sound like a good deal , for that yr, well a steal!! imo,
some upgrades to look for, does it have awaning, extra cabinet's, outside shower,ask about water tank size,that is an upgrade also. tire size 14's or 15 inch. is the manuals still with it? is it where all app can be started up and checked out,,
look at the outside drains(under bathroom) for any signs of damage, around the roof vents for signs of water(just needs a recaulk) not a deal killer, does it have the new hd tv antenna?
hope this helps some , i am sure others will chime in also,

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
moaboy

If it s in good shape that is a very good price. And towing with a properly equipped Ody- as long as you are not overloaded- based on my experience should be fine.
Have fun!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

If it has the swing hitch check all the welds. Price seems reasonable, we payed 25k for ours new.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
Shadowcats

Yup. I'd agree with the others - all good advice. Would like to say that folks are honest, but well reality tells us different. Get a feel for the seller and try to judge the character...it can really help in how you feel about the deal. Check the underside and the entire electrical system. Sound like a pretty good deal though. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #8
kn1ghtus

hah if you don't want it let me know and I'll buy it!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
MisterP

Consider using the following or an equivalent checklist. Ignore the parts for motor homes or fifth wheels. This on is for inspecting a new trailer before accepting it, but it can be a good reminder for inspecting a used one. This checklist caused me to refuse delivery of a brand new fifth wheel a few years ago. The dealer was stunned, said they had never had a trailer refused. I told them there are a lot of naive people out there, and once they fixed the list I would pay for it.

http://changingears.com/rv-checklist-inspection.shtml