TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
rvmi312

Default TV Reception Issue

Has anyone else had this issue? If I hook my (new) TV to the antenna the TV tells me it is getting no signal (booster[s] on), when I hooked up to the campground's cable at a different cg I got a lousy picture (no booster) and limited channels. I slipped my cable through one of the velcro'd inside covers directly to the TV and viola, great picture 60+ channels. I tried by-passing the cable inlet on the side and hooked directly to a junction inside the lower refer access door; no change. Obviously there is a connection that is bad or a shorted cable somewhere. Ideas?? I don't see any schematic to trace the TV leads through the unit. Connections on the roof look fine to the antenna.

It is a 2006 that I just bought used. Who would have thought to check that the TV connections worked! Is there a cross-over switch between the cable input and the antenna somewhere I don't know about?

RVMI312
Brighton, MI
Old 07-30-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
viking

I have a 2007 with the same problem. Did the same that you did with running the cable direct to the Tele. Probably a wire that was connected to a wrong outlet. Look forward to the replies.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

viking and rmi312

I know I've seen another thread on this, but I can't find it.

If I remember right several people that had this problem found a connector that came apart or at least wasn't making connections. I think they found it in the bundle of wires behind the refrigerator.

I would trace the wires from the outlet jack inside to the outlet outside and to the antenna and check all the connections.

HTH, Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
92cabby

I purchased a used 2720 and could not get any reception. I found that all of the coax connections had not had their shielding exposed. Every connection from the antenna down to amplifier had to be repaired. It took me about 20 minutes to make the repairs. After the repair, I was able to get good quality signals on 23 channels. It’s obvious that this unit came this way from the factory, and the previous owner(s) were oblivious to the fact that they never had any TV reception. If this is your problem, and if the factory still uses the quick connectors, it will be an easy fix. I hope this helps, 92cabby
Old 07-31-2010, 04:39 AM   #5
commodor47
Site Sponsor

It sounds like an improperly installed cable connector or pass through. On our unit there are two; one in the lower refrigerator compartment, and one inside the ceiling crank. In my case, the pass through in the ceiling crank had the center wire shorted. But the aforementioned relate to using the powered roof TV antenna. When using a cable source, make sure the antenna power button located on the connection face plate is turned off.

Here is more information that may prove helpful:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ght=tv+antenna

Let us know what you find and how your issue is resolved.

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:53 AM   #6
gocntry

I Had The Same Problem

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=7820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocntry
I Finally Got A Chance To Tear Into This Problem Yesterday.

Looks Like The Factory Cuts Their Own Wire From A Bulk Spool.

My Problem Was I Found 1 Coax Wire That Was Bad, 1 Coax Wire That Had Pulled Out Of The Crimp (so it wasnt connected), And A Third Wire That Wasn't Even Connected To The Splitter For The Signal And The End Of That One Fell Right Off When I Tried To Connect It.

After Replacing The 3 Bad Wires, I Have No Problems Scanning And Picking Up Channels Now.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:52 PM   #7
viking

Thanks for the replies...Looks like I will have to buy a toning tool or use a ohm meter to check out the cables or is there another way?
Old 08-01-2010, 04:49 AM   #8
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
Thanks for the replies...Looks like I will have to buy a toning tool or use a ohm meter to check out the cables or is there another way?
You might want to locate all connectors (end point and pass through), disconnect each and look to see whether or not they are correctly applied. It could be as simple as a shorted out center wire, insulation on the center wire preventing contact with the connector or incorrectly attached cable sheathing.

This link will demonstrate what is involved - and you don't necessarily need all the tools shown:
http://www.hometech.com/learn/coaxterm.html

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Viking -

Where are you located? If you come by my house in Maine, I will give you a digital multi-meter, free of charge, and a quick tutorial on how to use it.

Sponsorship has its privileges ...

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #10
viking

Bill,

Thanks for the offer very kind of you. I've been waiting 40 years for someone to show me how to use my "analog" meter. Guess I need to trade it in on a digital one. Being I am in Florida it might be a while before I show up for class.

Tags
tv reception