TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
Brifla

Default Questions after examining used 3023

Hi, I spent several hours checking out a 2006 3023 today that's being sold by a 3rd party dealer (after repo auction) who is unfamiliar with Trailmanors. Most of the big ticket items seemed fine but I have a few questions that hopefully can be answered here as I consider my next move.

1. The carbon monoxide and gas sensors weren't on initially when we entered the camper but at some point during walkthrough we noticed both had the solid green light on. Then later the lights were off and never came back on. We wondered if there was some other switch we could have changed that caused these to go on and off.
2. The curtains are missing from 4 of the windows (2 dinette and 2 double bed side windows). Is there somewhere to buy these curtains that slide in the top and bottom of the curtain tracks? If so, where and what's approximate cost?
3. The rear right scissor jack is bent inward. They offered to bend it back and said it's no big deal. Should I be concerned about metal fatigue from this?
4. They said that the trailer bearings are sealed and don't need grease added but I assumed these trailers are similar to my boat trailer and need a grease gun. Is this true and do I simply pop out the rubber insert at the end of each axle and pump some lithium grease in before trailering? I won't have time to get them repacked before trailering 400 miles home and the tires look fine.
5. Several of the hold down latches were so stiff that they had to be kicked to get them to swing close and lock the trailer down. Is this simply a matter of WD-40 or a minor adjustment?
6. There aren't any hoses with the camper (sewer, etc). They said buying a hose package is not very expensive. Is this true? What hoses and outside equipment is necessary that I'm not seeing there?
7. All of the stove burners and oven had to be lit with a lighter because the ignition switches weren't working. After that they worked fine. The seller says this is common in all older trailers and not a big issue that people bother fixing. Is this true? Any larger problem looming here?
8. There are some plastic cover-type pieces (about 3" x 10") on the outside on each side that are missing. They attach with a screw at each end but appear mainly cosmetic. What do they do and do I need them/can I get replacements?

It needs some TLC (torn screen, dirt, mildew, loose screws, slide adjustments, etc) but appears structurally and mechanically sound aside from these issues. We're just trying to gauge these things that we found.
Thanks,
Brian