TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #19
Unstable_Tripod

Hello Everyone.

I am new to this forum, having joined it because I am extremely interested in getting a Trailmanor. (I currently have a Fleetwood/Coleman Pop-Up tent camper.) Storage is an important concern for me. I keep the popup in the garage and I'd like to keep a trailmanor in there too but I'm not sure about a couple of things.

First issue: I live on a hill and my driveway slopes steeply downhill from the street to the garage. Right now my popup tongue almost hits the pavement at the entrance to the garage when I back it in there because when it gets to that point it is on the level garage floor but the the tow vehicle is still on the sloped driveway. The popup is only 14" long from the rear bumper to the hitch ball coupler. How much clearance does a 19' Trailmanor have from the ground? (I know it has bigger tires but what about the height from the ground to the axle and the fact that the axle is set farther back from center on a Trailmanor?)

Second issue: A popup is supposed to be level before raising the roof because raising the roof when it is off-level is very hard on the cable mechanism. How far out of level can I be and still raise the roof sections of a Trailmanor? I ask because since I would not be able to set the Trailmanor up in the garage as I do the popup (too long when open), I'd have to set it up on the street in front of the house and that is an extremely steep slope. I'd be well out of level even if I put the tongue on the pavement.

I really want a Trailmanor but really don't want the cost and inconvenience of storing it away from home. Thanks very much in advance for your input.
Unstable_Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote