TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
baby jane

Default Welded tongue of 2619

Well Al and Susan,
I didn't pay alot of attention to it. I was more interested in other things, and since we are not storing it in a garage, I just kind of glanced at it.
I know the hubs asked about it, and it was welded. It also had a large bolt in it. I know the owner of it, was not sure why it had been done, and he thought about taking the bolt off and seeing what the purpose was, but then decided it might be better left alone. ha
He says it was not the swing kind, but a slide before it was welded. I could not tell, and will take pics of it, when we pick it up in a couple of weeks.
Then we can all ponder over it.
Boy have a had fun the last couple of days getting utensils from thrift shops for the TM. A lot of PLASTIC UTENSILS. HA.
Someone told me that one of the beds in the 2619 is a queen and the other is a full. But I am sure they are both full. I think they were thinking of the 2720.
Found everything thing but a coffee pot, and a pressure cooker, I even found matching comforters. (But they were a little out of my price range for a camper.) I will find some that will work just as well, and be a better price.
Baby Jane
Oh and if anyone wants to explain to us about A/C D/C, we need help.
I keep telling the hubs that it is not a band, but something about which one you are hooked up to, and what you can use when you are hooked up to them. ha
Old 04-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
Al-n-Sue

Default AC DC (not the band) :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby jane View Post
Oh and if anyone wants to explain to us about A/C D/C, we need help.
I keep telling the hubs that it is not a band, but something about which one you are hooked up to, and what you can use when you are hooked up to them. ha
Well, on AC (plugged in to "shore power"), everything works - including the air and the house type plugs. Some things are still powered by 12 v DC (lights, toilet pump, water pump, heater, etc.), but through the converter which changes the AC to DC. If you have the 3-way fridge, it can run on AC or DC while plugged in, but probably best to use AC.

When on DC power only, everything runs off the 12v battery - except of course those things that need 120v AC (i.e.the air conditioner and AC outlets). The fridge will need to be on propane since it will drain a battey in a few hours on 12v DC. Basically, the only time you run the fridge on 12v is when you are towing - but that is the topic of another (long) post.

The converter is designed to charge the battery when you are plugged in to shore power (a marine term by the way that has found its way onto the forum). The battery will also charge when you are towing (assuming your plug is wired correctly).

We have never camped in the TM without at least electricity, but we did "boon dock" or "dry camp" a couple of times with the popup. It works well if you are not gone too long (or have a dead cell and don't know it - but that is another story). Otherwise you would need a solar panel or a generator to charge the battery. Many on the forum dry camp regularly so can chime in on things to think about when camping w/o electricity.

There is a lot more, but that is the basics.

Hope that helps.
Alan
Old 04-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I still love listening to AD/DC (the band). We still have the vinyl (that tells you how old we are). It's not worn out and we still have it (that tells you we spent too much time studying in college & working, and then raising kids ) but now we have the CD & our MP3 or whatever players and we still rock down that Highway to Hell once in a while. We just hope it doesn't give us another blowout, or gives us the rhythm to rock through the tire changing. I'm just kidding, but I do like my music while we're cruising along.

Do yourself a favor and either check this out from your local library, or get it from Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Electrical-Sys...0457450&sr=8-1

I took it along on our first few RV trips and read it while lounging along the river in Big Sur, or wherever. It is very informative and will help you understand the RV electrical system.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
baby jane

Default Ac- Dc

Thanks so much for the info. I will put this info. in the TM Bible we have started, and it is much more of a Trial Manor Bible. ha There will be a lot of trial. Trial and error!
I thank all of you that have been so helpful. I will be back for more help, and promise when I become a experienced TM owner, I will pass info. along as you have.
Baby Jane
Old 04-23-2009, 07:16 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Baby Jane -

I don't mean to be a nag, but your free access to the full content of the TMO Forum expired over a month ago. Did you notice that suddenly there seemed to be a lot less content?

It sounds like you are really enthusiastic about your TM, which is great. And you will have a lot of questions, and some answers, for the rest of the membership, which is also great. That's what we are here for. But most of that will happen in parts of the forum that you can't see now.

In order to get full access to the forum, you need to become a sponsor. That costs $12 a year, which is pretty paltry compared to the amount of information and help that is out there for you. You need to go to the forum's entry page www.trailmanorowners.com and click the link to Site Sponsorship.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #6
ng2951

The $12 is certainly worth it for the first year depending on how often you use your trailer.

If you have some specific question about AC/DC power why don't you pose a few here.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:27 AM   #7
baby jane

Default Nagging From Bill

Thanks Bill for reminding me. Did not notice that there was a time frame on signing up. Thanks for letting me know. I will do that pronto.
I have been so busy with the TM and excited that I had not gotten around to signing up. Glad I could not sleep this morning, and was reading some of the data here. Don't know where I missed the info. about only having one month, but I did and now I am going to go sign up.
Thanks again,
Thanks for the NAG. ha
Old 05-09-2009, 06:41 AM   #8
baby jane

Default Member Trail Manor

Wow Bill,
A whole new world opened up to me, after signing up. ha
Thanks
Jane