TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2004, 09:47 PM   #1
doonboggle

Default Archives

I've been trying to study up and read as much as I can on the forum. Recently got my used TM.

But, in several of the Archive subject listings, whenever I click on it, nothing comes up except a link to go to the full discussion. That only then comes up and says there has been no posting for 365 days.

So..............how does one get access to the 'old' archives???
Old 09-07-2004, 09:55 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Doon -

As part of the switch to the new software, the board is being restructured / rearranged. There will be new, more specific topics as was requested by Bob Wilson a few weeks back, and the new organization will make information easier to find. The present intent is for the Moderators to move most of the old posts out of the old board archives and into the appropriate new topics. However, it is going to be messy for a while, as all this comes together - unfortunately it is not an instant switchover. Chris is working hard to get the framework in place - some of the new topics aren't listed yet - and then the Moderators will go to work and flesh it out.

In the meantime, what you are seeing is this. If you click on Archives and then click on FRAMES, for example, you get the empty result you described. That is because FRAMES is a topic only in the new board. It didn't exist on the old board, so there are no archives. And on the new board, no one has posted anything in FRAMES yet, so the topic is entirely blank.

On the other hand, if you go to one of the topics that DID exist on the old board, such as Towing Rigs, you see it all.

Bear with us. Chris, jump in if I've misstated anything.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 05:21 PM   #3
doonboggle

Default Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Doon -

As part of the switch to the new software, the board is being restructured / rearranged. There will be new, more specific topics as was requested by Bob Wilson a few weeks back, and the new organization will make information easier to find. The present intent is for the Moderators to move most of the old posts out of the old board archives and into the appropriate new topics. However, it is going to be messy for a while, as all this comes together - unfortunately it is not an instant switchover. Chris is working hard to get the framework in place - some of the new topics aren't listed yet - and then the Moderators will go to work and flesh it out.

In the meantime, what you are seeing is this. If you click on Archives and then click on FRAMES, for example, you get the empty result you described. That is because FRAMES is a topic only in the new board. It didn't exist on the old board, so there are no archives. And on the new board, no one has posted anything in FRAMES yet, so the topic is entirely blank.

On the other hand, if you go to one of the topics that DID exist on the old board, such as Towing Rigs, you see it all.

Bear with us. Chris, jump in if I've misstated anything.

Bill

Thanks Bill. Was beginning to think it was related to my "Trial" membership ... which I still don't fully understand what the different levels are as related to my "trial 30 day period".
Old 09-07-2004, 06:16 PM   #4
Chris
Site Team

Nope, and as you may have noticed, there were changes to the Sponsor Area. The links there for the Technical and the General discussions lead to deeper listings. In those are the new topics and the "locked" older topics.
Ct..

www.trailmanorowners.com
www.granddesignowners.com
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote