TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Default '06 2720sl

New to Trailmanor but not new to camping or trailers (pulled a 'vette race car on a tandem trailer all over the Midwest in my yout).

Put a deposit down on an '06 2720SL after a lot of study & pending a detailed inspection this coming Friday. Looks very clean inside & no yellowing of plastic or any sign of leaks (and we have had a bit of rain recently). Have been studying this site but would appreciate opinions on what to look for, it is on clearance at a very large dealer that normally handles much larger RVs and plan to ask for power & water to be available for inspection.

Has the sofa slide (have seen units advertised as SL with front bed) but missing the chair. Has the swing-away hitch. Can see some arching scratches on the side and assume it from raising and lowering.

Frame seems very clean but see some mild corrosion on bolts on rods to left of door and the rods that go under the coach from there seem scaly (I spent some years in Michigan and am very sensitive to rust). No sign of leaks or odors in interior.

Has a cabinet that goes over the sink & can see a mount on the side of the wardrobe but no cabinet.

Is there is anything specific I should look for (now know to check the tanks for epoxy) ? Tires are 2010 and very good. Battery is from the mart at the wall and fuse holder is a bit discolored (may be a replacement, doubt the factory would use a red twist on wire splice ) but plan to add 2 GC2 cart batteries and a 1200 watt inverter so will need to go through wiring anyway.

Also I have a Honda EU2000 generator, anyone know if it will run the roof AC by itself if the circuit is isolated from other things ?

Finally, is the interior accessible with the coach folded into travelling mode (realize it would be a crawl space at best) ? Also how tall can an item in the aisle be when travelling (how tall is the optional chair )?

Thank you. I plan to tow with my '12 Jeep GC having the factory towing package & 290 hp DOHC V6. It gets 24-25 mpg on the Interstate & rated at 500 lb TW/5000 lb trailer. Will be interesting to see what effect the TM has though the rig should be pretty slippery and I "drive gentle".

ps will fix the gif in my sig after the purchase takes place since is contingent on inspection.

pps the RV is a Vixen that fits in my garage, just for my current lifestyle a tow car/trailer makes more sense.