TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
larrym

Default Hanging cabinets ?

How hard are the hanging cabinets to take down and put up ?
Old 02-27-2010, 06:04 AM   #2
P and B

Easy peasy
Old 02-27-2010, 06:42 AM   #3
mtnguy

Depends on how heavy you load them.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
Scott O

Most people use them for paper products and other light items. If you load them up with heavy stuff, you better have help to lift them! If they are kept relatively light it is very easy. The attachment method gives a bit of leeway when aiming the cabinet to hook it. Overall, I have never had any difficulty in hanging them.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
PopBeavers

I have a bit of difficulty lifting it on, but not off. We have the older over the sink cabinet. I believe the newer ones are a bit smaller.

Ours is full of plastic plates, ceramic coffee mugs, plastic water glasses, and other plastic items. If it was full of paper products it would no doubt be lighter.

I am 57, 6 feet tall and out of shape. My son is 26, 4 inches taller than me and very much in shape. Big difference.

Rather than converting to paper plates I intend to add the over the stove cabinet and will move some of the heavier plastic dishes into the smaller cabinet. The freed up space in the larger over sink cabinet will then be filled with paper products, like napkins, and maybe some snacks.

If you are interested, I can weigh mine. My TM is popped open in the driveway, the cabinet is loaded, and I have a scale.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
robertkennel

I agree with the first response. If they are empty it's a piece of cake. They are very light weight. Robert
Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #7
lnussbau

To help clarify easy: a few seconds (including lifting it), unless you have trouble reaching the height.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #8
Wavery
TrailManor Master

It also depends on how tall you are...... We load ours down with dishes and glasses. I'm 6'2" and DW is 5'2". I can put it up by myself but DW needs another person to help her. Not so much because of her strength but because of her height (we're in our 60s).

Our TM didn't have the cabinet so I went shopping for something cheaper than the $130 cabinet from TM........trust me.....the TM cabinet is worth every penny. The kitchen cabinets from HomeDepot are 3x the weight and no cheaper for a nice looking cabinet.

Wayne.......you'd better start working out pal.....
Old 02-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #9
larrym

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful ! The trailer I'm looking at is 200 miles away and I'm trying to get ideas before I go look at it.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #10
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrym View Post
How hard are the hanging cabinets to take down and put up ?
Both my wife and I are short 5'3" and can easily put them up in just a few seconds. Our over-sink cabinet is full of paper plates and a set of 4 light plastic camping dishes, and usually a roll or two of paper towels. I just pick the cabinet up off the floor and set it on the counter top, change my grip and put it up.
William is offline   Reply With Quote