TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
Bluegrass

Default But for a window...

Bummer. Our 3124kb was supposed to have shipped last week and delivered to the dealer on Monday. But......factory says windows are backordered and shipping is delayed by a week.

HOW on earth can TM let that happen? Since the windows are the same on all trailmanors, one would assume that the factory has come to a screeching halt!

Well......I don't want a trailer without windows so I guess we'll wait and see what happens.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
hhoenig

Default window

What a pane!!

The week wait will be worth it. Enjoy.
Henry
hhoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
mac_falls

Question 2008 or 2009

Bluegrass, will yours be a 2008 or a 2009, since yours is still in "the works"? Seems to me I saw a post earlier today for a 2009 being delivered this weekend.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #4
Bluegrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_falls View Post
Bluegrass, will yours be a 2008 or a 2009, since yours is still in "the works"? Seems to me I saw a post earlier today for a 2009 being delivered this weekend.
Hmmm. Beats me! I assumed it would be a 2008 since we're barely into the fourth month of that year.

Are there any design changes?

At this point I'll simply be happy to get the trailer.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
Bluegrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhoenig View Post
What a pane!!

The week wait will be worth it. Enjoy.
Henry
Whoa!!! I LOVE puns. That's a good one!

Unfortunately, I don't believe that TM doesn't have windows. I think they screwed up on the original delivery schedule and made up the window story to cover their fannies.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #6
Hiking_Sam

Your 3124KB will probably be a 2009 Model. I picked mine up on 3/28/08 and it was the 2009 model already. Just got home today from a trip to Lake Ray Robert's in North Texas with family and had a great time.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:18 PM   #7
Bluegrass

What differences are there between 2008 and 2009?
Old 04-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #8
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
Unfortunately, I don't believe that TM doesn't have windows. I think they screwed up on the original delivery schedule and made up the window story to cover their fannies.
With todays "just in time" inventory stocking levels by all industries, it is most possible that there is a backorder for the windows. It may be that one or more of the window component manufacturers is at fault. Or the latest round of storms and flooding has delayed building or shipping of the needed parts.

Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
wmtire

In my business, a good many of the tires are shipped to the distribution warehouse by rail. If there is any disruption in rail service ( derailments, auto collisions, spills, flooded tracks, barges hitting bridges, etc), it does back up our delivery schedules.

I'll never forget the dock workers strike from several years ago. We had a bunch of tires sitting in California ports (or still on the ships themselves), that we couldn't get, because of the strike. That made me change the whole way I did business after that. I don't keep all my eggs in one basket now.

I was late getting one shipment of tires for 2 weeks, because a semi truck driver decided to quit his job.......and left my load of tires along with his companies truck on the west side of Texas somewhere. They eventually got another driver to pick it all up.

It's like Mike said above, it doesn't take but one link in the chain to break, to bring it to a stop. There are just so many things that are out of your hands, that can disrupt a business's flow. The examples above are just a few that have bit me.......I can just imagine how many a manufacturing plant (like Tmanor and their parts chain) could possibly have.

I know when you are really wanting something, that it seems like Murphy's law shines the brightest. Anything and everything, can and will go wrong.

When you do get that trailer, I'm sure all your recent frustration will be a distant memory. If it's any consolation, we do understand your anxiety here.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #10
Bluegrass

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm not in a big snit over this since I'm out of town next week anyway.