TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

We can't wait to see the new Elkmont trailer in person. From what I have heard, they will be making some other sizes and floor plans in the future. I can't wait to see a larger one that would fit our needs after owing two 3326King TrailManors. The floor plan for the 3326King is really nice with all of the counter space plus having a permanent side dinette and also a living room area. A floor plan similar to this in the Elkmont would be just great to have.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_STRONG View Post
The floor plan for the 3326King is really nice with all of the counter space plus having a permanent side dinette and also a living room area. A floor plan similar to this in the Elkmont would be just great to have.
A 33+ foot trailer is pretty long. For reference, with a traditional TT, my guess is that's a 3-axle trailer, and you don't see those very often. I believe my Sequoia is around 18-feet, which makes for a towing length of 51-feet, or just shy of a normal-length 53-foot trailer from an 18-wheeler. That is long.

Just my opinion....

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Carol & Lou - that is a fine looking trailer!

It is easier to pack up a full-sized travel trailer to leave...we had one and we could throw a lot of stuff inside there quickly.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
Al-n-Sue

Default 3124 frame?

Looking at the TM TT from the side, it looks like they took a standard 3124 frame and put an upright box on it. If you look closely, a lot of the interior looks like a regular TM - the cabinets look the same, sink, range/oven, monitor panels, fixtures, etc. I'm sure TM has optimized their production lines to accommodate this model.

Upside - all (well, most) the things that people complain about or wish for are included, in a light weight trailer.
Downside - wind resistance and no garage storage.

But the typical TM quality shines through.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
mtnguy

Well, it looks like I bought my conventional travel trailer about a week too soon.

I coulda bought this, and still be a member of the Trailmanor family.

My timing has been all wrong lately. I bought a bunch of S&P ETFs a couple of weeks ago, and the S&P today traded at it's lowest in 5 years.......if only I would have waited on that, also.

Chap
Old 10-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Well, it looks like I bought my conventional travel trailer about a week too soon.

I coulda bought this, and still be a member of the Trailmanor family.

My timing has been all wrong lately. I bought a bunch of S&P ETFs a couple of weeks ago, and the S&P today traded at it's lowest in 5 years.......if only I would have waited on that, also.

Chap
Hey Chap. maybe we can tell this story to Trailmanor, and they'll trade you for theirs......to keep you in the family. I strongly believe that one of the reasons they are building this new trailer is to keep loyal trailmanor owners like yourself who want to stay in the fold, but didn't have a choice when needing other things (like walkaround beds).
Old 10-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #7
camp2canoe

I'll bet it is a bear to fold to put in the garage and I'm wondering what tool is best for accomplishing that - a Sawzall or a chainsaw? (Drumroll, please.) I agree with John that I'm a little disappointed that TM isn't concentrating their efforts in their signature folding models. What's next? Fifth wheels and diesel pushers? - camp2canoe
Old 10-07-2008, 03:55 PM   #8
Scott O

Chap, you will always be a member of the TM family! When I joined one of the first things I noticed was that cool picture of your trailer on the narrow road and wondered how you got turned around! Keep on postin'!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

A few years ago, TM took a flyer in another direction - the 2619 Sport. I don't think it survived the first year. This one looks to me to have a better chance - but it will have to compete with all the other lightweight uprights. The next few months should be interesting, as the market shrinks but the market for small lightweight trailers holds steady or expands. I think TM may know more about lightweights, and that may be the primary selling point - and point of success - of this new model.

The "towabilty" aspects are going to be interesting, since many of the arguments in favor of towing a conventional TM with a small vehicle have used low wind resistance as a justification.

But ... isn't that a handsome trailer? Especially the interior. I love it!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #10
Tuscany Bandit

You are right on Bill.

We are going to a RV Show (the biggest in California) this weekend and hope that the trailer will be there on display. I will email Custom RV (local dealer) and see if that is true.

If the trailer will be on display I will take pictures and post them. If not we probably won't attend.

It sure looks nice!

Jerry