TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2006, 04:26 PM   #11
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp2canoe
Lastly, if you do bleed the tires remember to refill them once your TM is in the garage (and to bleed them again before pulling out!) as the weight of the TM may damage partially inflated tires.
An alternative might be to put the jacks down to support some of the weight. I would think this was ok if you will be pulling it out again soon. If it is long term storage maybe put the air back in. But if it was long term storage it might be tempting to set the jacks down anyway.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:05 PM   #12
mntlblok

Default More garage questions

I'm brand new here and brand new to RV'ing. I've narrowed my choices down to TT's that will fit in my garage, but are hard sided. TM 2619, while maybe heavier than what I want to deal with, is still in the running.

My garage sits at a right angle to the primary driveway direction, necessitating a sharp turn at entry. It could be that, with the other car out of the way, that I might be able to back the TM into the garage. Maybe not.

My question is, can a couple of relatively small humans do any significant moving of this smallest of TM's by hand if it can't be accurately positioned by the TV?

Note the advanced use of abbreviations by the newbie. Google has threatened to start charging me for all of my searches for RV info. However, I have *not* been able to come up with what such abbreviations as "DW" and "DH" mean - and am almost afraid to speculate.

Kevin
Savannah, GA

Soon to be Chalet XL 1930 or Chalet Arrowhead or Aliner LXE or Aliner Cabin A3 or Hi-Lo Towlite 1706T (probably not) or Trailmanor 2619 owner.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #13
Freedom

DH = Dear Husband, DW = Dear Wife (Can also be "Darling" and maybe not-so-dear depending on your mood!)
Old 05-07-2006, 04:57 PM   #14
PopBeavers

I can push my 2005 2720 around by myself as long as the ground is flat and hard (asphalt or concrete).

If it was not flat, it would run away and I could not stop it.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #15
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

I'm with Wayne on this. I'm not particularly big and not particularly young but I move our 2619 around all the time by hand. It's even easier if you block one tire at a time and swing the tongue side to side to move forward or back. You can even move it up a slight incline that way. As Wayne said however, don't let it get away from you if you are on an incline. Having a buddy standing by to move the blocks helps. I've moved boats weighing two or three times as much as the 2619 this way. I'm assuming you have the nose wheel that comes with the TM.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #16
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default Garage Questions

My question is, can a couple of relatively small humans do any significant moving of this smallest of TM's by hand if it can't be accurately positioned by the TV?

We have the exact same situation that you describe - a drive-under garage perpendicular to the driveway. I use a trailer dolly to help maneuver the trailer (also a TM 2619) into the garage. The dolly is much easier to steer with than the small single wheel on the jack.

Unfortunately there is a small incline in the concrete apron, in front of the garage, that makes getting over it a little more "challenging". Even with the dolly, it takes two adults to steer the trailer into the garage. The garage is standard 8 foot width, and I thus only have few inches of clearance on each side, so we have to be very careful. BTW, the TM has a fold away hitch, so once I get the trailer in the garage, and swing the hitch, I have quite a bit of lengthwise room. Actually the trailer would fit in the garage without the swing away option, but I wouldn't have as much room.
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:18 PM   #17
mntlblok

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcatwo
I've moved boats weighing two or three times as much as the 2619 this way.
Yeah, I've moved boats that way, but really didn't have a feel for the relative weights. Sounds very doable.

*And*, as I read more and more of what all you helpful folks have posted here, I'm moving closer and closer to deciding that the TM is the way for us to go, even if it means a new TV. I think I'll wander over to another section and ask a few TV questions.

Thanks for all the swift and helpful replies.

Kevin
Old 05-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #18
Bill & Lisa

Just out of curiosity, what other hard sided travel trailers have you found that will fit in your garage besides a TM? You also mention that the TM is heavier. I just thought of one, the little A frame hard side pop ups - chalet or something like that. If possible see if you can spend a night in each of your finalist at the dealers. You would be surprised how much your opinion of what is Okay can change after a few hours in one.
Bill
Old 05-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #19
mntlblok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Lisa
Just out of curiosity, what other hard sided travel trailers have you found that will fit in your garage besides a TM? You also mention that the TM is heavier. I just thought of one, the little A frame hard side pop ups - chalet or something like that. If possible see if you can spend a night in each of your finalist at the dealers. You would be surprised how much your opinion of what is Okay can change after a few hours in one.
Bill
From my first post : Soon to be Chalet XL 1930 or Chalet Arrowhead or Aliner LXE or Aliner Cabin A3 or Hi-Lo Towlite 1706T (probably not) or Trailmanor 2619 owner.

The Aliner Cabin A is one piece and fairly ugly looking, but it clears the garage door by one inch. I *think* it can be made to sleep more than 2 in the Model 3. The other "A-shaped" contraptions, even the smallest ones made, would be plenty for me. The teardrops that would fit in the garage are too short.

I understand the space concerns of a "normal" person, but when I spent a couple of weeks volunteering over in Waveland, MS, right after Katrina hit, I took a couple of the seats out of my minivan and slept in there for the first few nights. If it hadn't been so dern hot, I woulda been fine.

DW is small enough, at 5ft. and 93lbs., that I can just pick her up and move her if she gets in the way, but I suppose she wouldn't mind having a bit more space in an RV. Actually, if I'm gonna get permission to buy this thing, it looks like I'm going to have to go with the 2619.

A motel room or an RV is mostly just a place to sleep for my style of traveling. We'll mostly be taking it to tennis tournaments, maybe some hiking in the mountains, and probably some scuba trips to the Keys. The tournament sites have showers, but I do like having the option of bathroom and shower on board if needed/desired. Most trips will be of the long weekend variety - which we are fortunate enough to be able to do *a lot*.

I also like the idea of the "handiness" of Walmart-type parking lots - never far from the tournament site. And, I plan to acquire one of those quiet generators - and would even were I to end up with one of the tinier foldups.

Hadn't considered the rainy day thing. Even the satellite dish would likely be a washout in that case. I do have a large stack of magazines that I've been meaning to get around to, and there's always all those digital photos that I will have taken that will need some work on the laptop.

I got serious today with pricing them and it looks like I can get a new 2006 2619 locally for 21K, with awning/kite, AC, swivel hitch, microwave, and even the microwave drawer thrown in (snatched from another model on the lot). Are the hanging cabinet and 3-drawer dresser options on the 2619? Am I likely to do significantly better on the price? There is definitely significant value in my mind in having a local dealer and not having to drive six or eight hours and back to buy it.

Thanks, again for the help and the suggestions.

Kevin
Old 05-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #20
Doug W.

You might want to look into used TMs. You might just get lucky. I was going to buy new. I was leaning towards a 2720SL, because the wife liked it. I was looking around on the Internet and found a used 3124KS for about $18,000. It had a couple minor problems, but I have them taken care of. When we looked, we saw the 2619, 2720, 2720SL, 2720SD and 3023. Now that we have the 3124KS, my wife is glad we did not buy the smaller one.