TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
Redhawk

Default Well, we finally did it....

We've been lurking on this site for the last 6 months reading and learning as much as we could from the pros here. We were prepared to wait for what we wanted (2720SL) but came across an '08 2619 that was a good deal (I hope), so we pulled the trigger on it. It's been rarely used and has a lot of extras on it. It's still in the storage lot where it will likely be kept, but we are excited and anxious to test it soon. Wish we had room at the house for it, but we don't.

TV is an '08 Highlander, so we should be OK in that dept. I'll have a lot of questions for you guys as we go forward, this is all new to us and a bit overwhelming. I'm sure we got the right camper, now we just have to figure out how it all works.....

Any and all advice for new owners with a TM in a storage lot is very welcome.....thanks.

John and Shirley
Old 06-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
Nature Recorder

Something to think about...
Become a Site Sponsor. $12/yr ($1/month) is a vey easy way to get a lot of information here on the forum. There is always something new.

It was a "no-brainer" for me after my 4th visit.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #3
Redhawk

Thanks, I was wondering and hadn't checked into it yet....I'll get it done.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Congratulations first suggestion I would make would be to start reading as many of the past post here as you can. I may not remember everything but I have read most post here now & can say taking the time to do this has helped allot.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
Nature Recorder

I agree with mcgyver210

Doing so can answer a lot of your questions before you ask them.

Suggestion; Download the checklists found in http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...splay.php?f=42 review them and take copies with you when you go to pick up your TM. They could provide a good "what do I do next?" process for checking it out and hooking up.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
4Kids2Dogs

Start planning a trip right away! Then you will get familiar with your new TM and instead of just wondering, you will really enjoy! It's really easy once you just jump in and do it. Welcome and Congratulations!!!
1995 Ford F-150 w/Prodigy BC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4Kids2Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
robertkennel

Default Did not want to start a new thread

We purchased a 2720SL (2008) a couple of days ago from Custom RV in Anaheim California.

Don't want to sound like a broken record but we looked for a long time also and read a lot on the forum. The kids and my wife love it,so do I. They weren't to happy when I put it in the garage. I'm taking off the wheels to get them balanced as recommended by forum members.

Custom RV in Anaheim was great. We talked over about a five month period before it was right. Very low or I should say no pressure sale. They fixed a couple of minor things on the pre-delivery inspection and went through a very detailed instruction. I would definetly recommend them to anyone.

One more thing, I never forgot I was towing it. Robert
Old 07-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #8
Redhawk

Congrats Robert!
I've been reading my arse off, but a lot can only be learned by doing I think, still a couple weeks before i can get it out on the maiden voyage. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions after that trip.

My main concern right now is wondering if i should go ahead and change the tires to something other then Marathons. You guys have scared me.....
Old 07-18-2009, 10:25 PM   #9
robertkennel

I'm going with the marathons for now and my trailer is heavier than yours. I'm watching the air pressure closely and balanced the tires. I will keep the weight to a minimum and put the load of family items in the back of the truck.
I'm not using a weight distribution hitch on my truck so that should also puts less load on the tires. I also have the trailer parked in the garage to prevent sun damage. If there is room to clear the garage I will get 15 inch rims, but for now I'm living with the 14 inch rims. I'm also going to look into a tire monitor. I'll keep you informed of my experiences. Robert

www.etrailer.com/faq-weightdistribution.aspx talks about weight distribution loading.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/inf...rTireFacts.dos has good info on trailer tire maintenance and life.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #10
ng2951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
Congrats Robert!
I've been reading my arse off, but a lot can only be learned by doing I think, still a couple weeks before i can get it out on the maiden voyage...
If possible, I would do my first voyage in the driveway. Its nice to be that close to home on your first adventure.

Also, if you have never tried backing up, go to Wally World or the like and setup some cones. That can be very trying if you have never backed up a trailer before,