TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #11
klv5920

Appleton
Let's have some good positive thoughts about this.

We all wish for a good settlement for you from insurance

We all wish for you to find another TM in good condition for the right price!

Everything for a reason. This will work out!

Karen
Old 07-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #12
PopBeavers

According to NADA the value is:

$2,185 $2,630

I would expect to get a number within that range plus any money spent recently for remodel/upgrades.

Take this link and print it:

http://orange-california.olx.com/199...0-iid-39694961

1998 2720SL for $7200. It says must sell. To me that means it is price low.

Also:

http://www.wiju.com/r?q=trailmanor%2...37184910726378

1998 TrailManor 2720SL
$8,400.00

The reason I say to print them is by the time you try to show it to someone it may be removed.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #13
grakin

I was in eastern Ohio Friday night, at a state park - they made us evacuate, so I had to leave the TM and wait it out in a safer place (where there was no trees to fall on us). While the campers seemed to do fine at that park (we were all anxious waiting to get back up to our sites, to see how they handled things, and hoping no trees fell), driving out of the area the next day really reminded me how fortunate I was to not get hurt by the weather. The camper can be replaced, although I do feel bad that your pride and joy had to suffer like this.

I hope if it is a loss, that you find the camper of your dreams for the price you need it to be.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #14
Dave99gst

If they do total it for u , I would look into parting out your camper to help recoop your loss. I'm sure you would. Have no problem Selling off parts. (AC,fridge,windows, stove,cabinits,misc parts)
Dave99gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #15
appleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave99gst View Post
If they do total it for u , I would look into parting out your camper to help recoop your loss. I'm sure you would. Have no problem Selling off parts. (AC,fridge,windows, stove,cabinits,misc parts)
Well, as expected, they are totaling it. Now we're just negotiating the payoff and if I want to buy it back (vs. them hiring someone to haul it away). In reality, it really just needs 2 new shells, but finding those on top of a undercarriage in need of work might be a chore. There's a viable candidate on ebay now sitting down in Ocala FL, but it's not worth what they are asking.

As mentioned, I'd consider keeping it just to part it out, possibly selling some and putting the rest into my next 2720. Are there any parts that folks here might be interested? What would be a decent price to buy it back at?
appleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #16
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleton View Post
....As mentioned, I'd consider keeping it just to part it out......Are there any parts that folks here might be interested?....
I don't need them, but the most valuable parts on that TM are the front and back(?) stone shields over the windows. They are not made anymore.

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #17
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

My personal opinion is to walk away from that damaged unit. I know you put a lot of work in it but if the insurance payout makes you whole again, I would not want to mess with buying it back, then parting out the parts... The electrical and mechanical components are of some value but the're quite used at this point. The shells are the unique engineering aspect of the unit and there are only a handful of techs in the country that would be qualified to remove and replace. Unless you've got gobs of free time on your hands for a complete R and R, I would get another well kept unit and go camping as soon as possible. And don't park next to any trees anytime soon.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #18
moaboy

Mike,
I noticed someone mentioned they ordered a new TM with a front window. Do the windows not come with rock shields anymore?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #19
appleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
My personal opinion is to walk away from that damaged unit. I know you put a lot of work in it but if the insurance payout makes you whole again, I would not want to mess with buying it back, then parting out the parts... The electrical and mechanical components are of some value but the're quite used at this point. The shells are the unique engineering aspect of the unit and there are only a handful of techs in the country that would be qualified to remove and replace. Unless you've got gobs of free time on your hands for a complete R and R, I would get another well kept unit and go camping as soon as possible. And don't park next to any trees anytime soon.
Thanks for the advice, I went this route. We came to a final figure, I get to keep some of the new(er) parts and they're going to haul it away. I figured i'd be pushing my luck w/ the wife if I kept a crumbled up camper around too long anyhow.
appleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #20
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Sounds like a solid decision. Good luck moving forward.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote