TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2004, 06:54 AM   #1
laurab

Default Last year for wood frame?

We are looking into buying a used TM and would like to know when was the last year that they made the wood frames?
Old 06-05-2004, 09:14 AM   #2
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Last year for wood frame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurab
We are looking into buying a used TM and would like to know when was the last year that they made the wood frames?
The floor of the 2004 TM is framed by wood.
rtcassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 02:47 PM   #3
dataman20

The wood around the lower edges of the shells which has the seals attached to it has been changed to a plastic strip that won't rot. Not sure if this started with the '04 models. We got ours (2720SL) April this year.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:16 PM   #4
laurab

Thank you for your replies, but what I was actually looking for is the frame used to be made out of wood and they switched to aluminum. I just don't know what year that was I thought it was around 95' - 98'. I apologize I should have been more clear.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:14 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

A quick call to the factory should get you an answer - they are very helpful.

I think you are referring to the same frame members that rotted out in the TM that Happy Trails restored. You are right, it was some time back.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:08 PM   #6
camperboy

My 1991 TM has wood framing in it. I have replaced some of it much like HappyTrails has done. It is my understanding that the change to aluminum box framing was made sometime during mid to late 91. I could me mistaken on this, but I feel fairly sure. Bill is right, a call to TM would answer your questions short order.

Camperboy
Old 06-06-2004, 09:29 PM   #7
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

A while back I called and asked the people at TM this question and they told me 1990. I guess that means the 1990 models. I would call them to be sure.
B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:11 AM   #8
laurab

I want to thank everyone for their input. I called Trailmanor and talked to the service dept. They said the aluminum frame was gradually introduced from 93' - 98'. So if any one is looking at a used trailmanor 99' and on are made with the aluminum frame. Anything prior to that you need to check because some do and some don't. I hope this info helps!
Old 09-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #9
race38

Definately stay away from the wood models. I have almost replaced every piece of wood in my 91 model due to rot.The previous owner thought he was taking care of it by pressure washing his camper. Big Mistake! He washed all of the chaulk out of the seems and the wood rotted from inside out. Wood replacement is not rocket science but time consuming when you work for a living.My wood was rotted to the point of looking like it was burnt and it was moldy. The first time we camped in the trailer I ended up in the ER with a major sinus infection. I found out later that I was allergic to MOLD. No problems now. Everything has been replaced and rechulked.These campers can actually have every piece of wood in the top shells rot and never drop a drop of water on the inside.You may not reaize you have a problem untill screws start fallimg out or the top edge of the shell splits.If I bought a used one I would probably stay at year 2000 and above.