TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
FotoCEO

Default Microwave or Oven?

I've noticed some saying that you can have them replace the built-in oven with a microwave at the factory when you are ordering your TM.

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this. If you have the oven, do you find it useful? Does it work well?

I'm thinking I'd rather bring a small toaster oven along than a microwave. Seems like it would be easier.

We will be mostly camping in campgrounds with elec. if that has any bearing on recommendations.

Also - I hope no one is bothered by the flurry of posts. It just seemed like it would be more helpful to others if I separated my questions out with descript titles than having one post with all my questions.

Thanks for all your help!

Joni
Old 04-11-2006, 05:45 AM   #2
rockerga

Default Microwave vs oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoCEO
I've noticed some saying that you can have them replace the built-in oven with a microwave at the factory when you are ordering your TM.

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this. If you have the oven, do you find it useful? Does it work well?

I'm thinking I'd rather bring a small toaster oven along than a microwave. Seems like it would be easier.

We will be mostly camping in campgrounds with elec. if that has any bearing on recommendations.

Also - I hope no one is bothered by the flurry of posts. It just seemed like it would be more helpful to others if I separated my questions out with descript titles than having one post with all my questions.

Thanks for all your help!

Joni
My wife and I like to cook and we do cook varied meals of all kinds so the way we figured it when we ordered our 2006 2720SL:

Order it with the built-in oven and add a microwave to our requirments afterwards. The built-in stove is much larger than a toaster oven and much more useful. I built a shelf above the stove/oven to mount the microwave out of the way so now we have what I feel to be the best of both worlds.

The oven works very well and my only suggestion will be to do as Bill did and that is to add an optional ignition for the the oven which I will do before my next trip.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:47 AM   #3
Queeniereads

We know how cheap microwaves are, so we had the oven installed and bought an extra microwave, which rides hapilly on the floor and is easy to pick up and put on the counter. We use the microwave frequently, and it is easier to get the hot mugs safely from something on top of the counter.Queeniereads aka Judi
Old 04-11-2006, 05:57 AM   #4
rockerga

Exactly. Microwaves are "A dime a dozen" nowadays and they do ride without a hitch on the floor during travel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Microwave Shelf_2720SL 2_2006.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1081  
Old 04-11-2006, 06:34 AM   #5
Catawbalea

Default microwave

We got the microwave. The oven in our previous trailer was just used for pan storage. This microwave is supposed to toast, bake, etc. so I hope it replaces a toaster as well. With my dear doctor's keep the LDL's under 70 speeches, I don't bake much anyway.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #6
Doug W.

I got a deal on a 3124KS and it has the microwave option. I have used the microwave. It is a little small, so the normal size popcorn bags do not turn in it as the corner of the bag catches. We are just going to get the smaller size. I baked biscuits in it and it worked fine for that. It is supposed to make toast, but I have not put that to the test yet. If I had a choice, I think I would get the gas oven and carry a microwave, because I plan on doing some dry camping. I will get by though. I am an old Eagle Scout and I have my trusty dutch oven in the TM for use when dry camping. I also have the trusty toaster that will make four slices over a burner also.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:12 PM   #7
Carole

Default micro or oven

Having just returned from 70 days in our TM. I used both, micro and oven.
I baked pies, meat loaf, and used the broiler several times. I like both!

Carole & Rod
2004 2619 TM
Old 04-11-2006, 06:45 PM   #8
Harry Womack

Default Oven or microwave

We got the oven. It is easier to add a portable microwave than an oven. Also if you camp without hook-ups you can still use the oven.
Maxxis load range E tires @ 75 PSI
2013 1500 Suburban Z71 5.3 4X4 w/
Firestone air bags inside of springs.
Not using Trail Manor now. Replaced
with 2020 motorhome
Harry Womack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:26 AM   #9
cmc211

I got the microwave/electric oven. No complaints so far. I t all depends on your needs. I do most my cooking outside on Charcoal and usually have electricity so it works for me.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #10
hal

Has anyone heard of a Rival brand stove that has a cook top, regular oven, microwave oven and a toaster? Or is this just an urban legend?

Hal