TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2004, 06:09 PM   #1
Richcava

Default King Size TM with Slide Outs

In all the research into TM I have not found information on TMs with slide outs. I love the TM concept but want something big. Has anyone experienced slideouts with TM? What are your thoughts in regards to durability?
Old 08-30-2004, 06:17 PM   #2
Windbreaker

TM offers a slide that slides to the front. Knowing how the TM folds down I don't see how it could have side slides. Most non folding trailers have side slides and some have fore and aft slides as well. I have noted that the Hi-Lo offers side slides but it is 1000s of pounds heavier than a TM.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:59 PM   #3
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Rich,

How big do you want it? and where do you want it big?

Many of the behemoth 5th-wheelers and motor homes with slide-outs on their slide-outs only have queen-size beds. Several of the TM's have King-Size beds, and those of us who really like (demand) that particular amenity wouldn't be comfortable without them.

If it's a big bathroom and shower you want, forget the TM; aint going to happen. The slide out TM's have more "living room" area than the others, but it probably only adds about 21 sq. ft. of usable space. A significant %, compared to units that don't have it, and certainly more comfortable, but only about the same footage as a double closet in your kids' bedroom.

No matter what you buy, it's a study in trade-offs. You aren't going to get everything no matter what you buy, and you are the only one who can decide if the package offered by TM best suits your needs.

For example, I'd give up half of the slide-out space in the living area for an equal amount of space in the bathroom in a heartbeat; my DW, a foot shorter and a hundred pounds lighter, thinks the dimensions are just fine. Go figure.

Whether it's a TM or not, I hope you find one that provides what you want.

Wayne
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:00 PM   #4
Richcava

Default Front slide out

Ofcoarse, that makes total sence that a Trailmanor slide our would be front or aft. I am still in the fixed trailer mentality thinking of side slideouts. Thank you very much for the clarification. I want a large living space so I think the Trailmanor is going to work for me. Now if I can find someone to sell one to me in Southern California.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:44 PM   #5
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

When I was looking, it seemed like all the nice used ones were in California or Arizona. I'm in Texas. Now that you're looking, they are probably all here. Don't give up, you will find one. With summer over, I would expect the supply to increase and you might even be able to make a better deal. We bought our first one just before Thanksgiving and saved some money.

I have concluded that "space" in the TM's is based on what you are used to. We read some comments from owners who didn't think the storage was adequate. We packed everything we could think of, and still had empty storage areas. Only two of us, so maybe that is part of the difference. Anyway, we think it's a great unit and think you will enjoy owning one.

2003 3124KS drug by 2001 1500 2WD Suburban
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote