TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
ragmopp

Default storage question

Hi,

My wife and I have decided to purchase a 2720SL. We will be going down to Dinubarv in a couple of weeks to purchase or order one.
We just emptied out our Aliner and it will be going up for sale soon. While removing everything my wife wondered about storing pots/pans/dishes whilst traveling. In the Aliner we had a tub that would handle the few dishes/pots etc. that we carried. As she knows how to pack they never moved even while going on bumpy roads. Now the TM will have MUCH more storage space than we are used too, so will probably be taking more 'stuff'. So her question is how do you keep these things from bouncing all over the place in the cabinets? I doubt if you would just put them in the cabinet as you do at home. Any ideas would be helpful.

Mike Anderson
Old 02-01-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
PopBeavers

We bought a set of pots and pans from Walmart. We saved the bubble wrap pouches that each pan was shipped in. This prevents the pans from rubbing together.

Food, cans, boxes, plastic and glass jars, are just placed on the shelf. As long as the shelf is completely full then nothing can slide around.

Maybe we just have a lot more stuff than you anticipate.

Nature abhors a void. So just fill it up.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
evans27292

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragmopp View Post
Hi,

My wife and I have decided to purchase a 2720SL. We will be going down to Dinubarv in a couple of weeks to purchase or order one.
We just emptied out our Aliner and it will be going up for sale soon. While removing everything my wife wondered about storing pots/pans/dishes whilst traveling. In the Aliner we had a tub that would handle the few dishes/pots etc. that we carried. As she knows how to pack they never moved even while going on bumpy roads. Now the TM will have MUCH more storage space than we are used too, so will probably be taking more 'stuff'. So her question is how do you keep these things from bouncing all over the place in the cabinets? I doubt if you would just put them in the cabinet as you do at home. Any ideas would be helpful.

Mike Anderson
go to how to and modifications and click on number 17 cabinet drawers. owner 2007 3326ks
Old 02-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
lnussbau

Default Not A Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragmopp View Post
Hi,

Mike Anderson
Once you have your TM you'll find it's not really a problem. We keep certain items, such as pans and plates, in boxes in the cabinets, while some other items (depending on how full the area is) stay just fine without packaging.
-----------------------------
Larry N.
2006 2720SL
TV is 2003 SportTrac
Old 02-01-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
Freedom

My DW bought the Rubbermaid storage bins - different sizes for each space and they work great since you can pull them out to get stuff. Otherwise you have to get down on all fours to see what's in there. Some industrious folks on this forum have even made custom sized drawers for each cabinet, but I'm not that industrious so the Rubbermaid bins suit me fine. Be assured, you'll find a way that suits you once you get the TM. Maybe even something as simple as different sized cardboard boxes. . .
Old 02-01-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
riverrat

ragmopp, We are planning to purchase a 2619 or 20 at Dinuba RV in Rio Vista soon. Let me know how your experience with them goes. I saw them at the Pleaston show last spring and drove to Rio Vista a couple of weeks ago.
riverrat
prospective ower
2006 Honda Ridgeline
Old 02-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #7
Factor

Default Storage Question

What year, model of aliner do you have? What are you selling it for. My sister-in-law is looking for one. They are in Quartsite, Arizona right now. How far are you from there.
John
Old 02-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #8
PopBeavers

I bought my 2005 TM 2720 from DinubaRV February 2 years ago. The service I got from the dealer was better than I got from the factory. For details see a thread I started about a year ago regarding a cracked frame.

Still love the TM. It comes out of the garage tomorrow to prep for the first trip since October. Meeting my brother in the delta and will visit the Surf and Turf RV show at Cal Expo (sacramento) during the day on Saturday in a couple of weeks.

DinubaRV was at the Pleasanton show, but did not have any HiLos there, only Trailmanor and I think the Chalete.

DinubaRV will be at the show in Sacramento mid February.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:33 AM   #9
Speckul8r
TrailManor Master

My wife lined the shelves with this sorta rubberized waffel weave stuff she bought at Wal-Mart. Keeps stuff in the shelves from shifting too much. Under the sofas, we use the Rubbermaid boxes. Contains those household products fine and, if something does spill, you could just clean out the box. Haven't had that problelm yet.
I should mention that she likes to cook with cast iron and the 2 frying pans we carry never have budged on that shelving liner. Even going around Chicago which has GOT to be the worlds worst road.
Speckul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:32 AM   #10
ragmopp

Thank you all for responding. Some great ideas here. I have some of that waffle weave shelving 'paper' so will try that, and most likely the storage containers.

Riverrat, I will post when all is said and done. I went there and visited last fall and they were very nice. Of course, we will see how it all works out when we start discussing $$$. I have read on this forum that they are excellent to work with.

John, (Factor) I don't think this is the appropriate place for me to talk about our Aliner (it IS a TM forum). However, if you email me at [email protected] I can answer your questions.

Thanks again, everyone.

Mike Anderson
Northern California