TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-24-2015, 05:34 PM   #1
leyva33

Default Shower Head not working- Need Assistance

Hello- I am getting the camper ready for a trip (2008 -3023 Model). Testing everything out and for some reason, I cannot get the shower head (inside) to work. The problem isn't getting water to it or water pressure. I tighten the cord (with the washer) to lower part and then connect the shower head to the cord. When I turn the water on, the water squirts out of the connection at the bottom. I have re-tightened it, taken the washer out, back in, looked for any leaks and I can't figure it out.

The water will come out of the hose through the shower head but A lot leaks out at the bottom. I remove the shower head to just let it run through the hose and I have the same issue. I'm convinced it's the washer or something to do with the hose. Has anyone had this happen before??
Old 05-24-2015, 06:01 PM   #2
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

I had this problem when my TM was new and through examination and trying a different washer it was still leaking at the same place that you mentioned. I contacted the factory at the time and they did not give me any problems and send me a new faucet assembly. It turned out that it was a double wammy. Whoever had installed the faucet and hose assy. had tightened it up to much and split the collar of the hose and also cracked the male end of the faucet that the hose attaches to. More than likely that is your problem too. Something is cracked and it is difficult to see unless you take the faucet out.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:54 PM   #3
leyva33

I am starting to think just what you said. The weird part is that the water is shooting directly out of the male faucet end full blast, not showing signs of a leak. I switched sides of the hose to see if both ends did the same thing. They both do and its hard to think they are both cracked. Has me scratching my head!
On a completely different subject, I'm leaving for camping in a day and realized my batter y isn't charging (can't see to find the fuse box) and the under casing of the plastic casing that holds the grey water has a sizeable crack...Trying to see if I can buy some kind of sealant......sigh.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:20 PM   #4
Padgett
TrailManor Master

When the hot water anode disintegrates it can block the screen or reduction at the end of a faucet. Looks like gray sand/pebbles.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:31 PM   #5
leyva33

I'm thinking it may be the male end of the faucet. Do I have replace the entire faucet or is that little male black end something I can pull out separately?
Old 05-25-2015, 06:10 AM   #6
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

There is no fixing the all plastic faucet. The black male is part of the faucet interior which is covered by the chrome assy. The only way is to replace it, which I ended up doing myself as the other option of going back to the dealer was a 400 mile one way trip. TM was very helpful though by sending me a new assy.

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:24 AM   #7
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Leyva, try dipping your shower head in CLR, it might just be clogged with hard water deposits.

Just realized that as a new owner, you may not know that the shower head has an on/off feature. Make sure the shower head is in the on position; the back of the head rotates.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote