TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > For Sale Section > TrailManors For Sale > Eastern Region
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2019, 09:14 AM
2005 Trailmanor 3023

Default 2005 3023 for sale - $5000, located in New Hampshire

Well, the time has come. After working on a serious remodel of my beloved TM, I had one summer of multiple trips. Then, life got in the way, and I haven't used it since summer/fall 2017. This past summer, I built out a camper in a van - something more suitable for the type of trips I find myself taking now. The TM, although a great unit, just doesn't fit as well into my "weekend getaway" lifestyle, now that I'm older, and prefer spur of the moment, quick weekend trips verses longer, planned camping trips.

I am the original owner of this 2005 Model 3023 TM, and hold the title. There are an extensive number of photos in my album here on the TM Owner's pages - here is the link:

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...hp?albumid=253

This trailer was also featured on The Popup Princess:

https://www.thepopupprincess.com/rea...lmanor-camper/

The following items in the photos will transfer with the TM to it's new owner:
  • two turquoise butterfly chairs
  • one gray wooden shelf unit with six aqua & white baskets
  • one diamond patterned multicolor rug
  • one floral door mat
  • one turquoise square storage cube/footstool
  • one large piece of outdoor carpet for rear bed area
  • one stainless steel trash can with footpedal lift for lid
  • all window treatments as shown in photos
  • misc. kitchen items (I have to go through them first)

The following items, removed during the remodel, are available, and new owner may take with them if they want:
  • closet that sits on curb side countertop near rear bed
  • original mattress for rear bed
  • original curtains (some have tears, sun bleach areas, etc.)
  • original window valances
  • original throw pillows

Trailer includes two propane tanks (one needs to be re-certified)
New tires in 2017, axles greased, brakes checked, etc.

Awning works well, with no tears, etc.
Both original mattresses are in great condition, no tears, etc.
Fridge, oven, stove, air conditioner, all work.

The bad, sold as is, items are:
  • water heater element needs to be replaced
  • rear bag seal across roof needs to be replaced
  • some dents/creases in the front shell roof from a tree branch falling on it years ago. No tears, etc in the shell, but aesthetically, not perfect.
  • one of the valves for the black water tank broke when I hit a tree stump pulling out of a camping spot. I have the replacement valve, just haven't installed it yet - mostly because that was my last camping trip with it at the end of the season in 2017.
  • the area where the two shells come together is 'dipped'. This probably means that the wood 'beam' located behind the front shell bag seal, needs to be replaced. I've seen people on the forum here tackle that task - not technically difficult, but does require some time. It will leak if the trailer is parked with the front end downhill, or if there is an extreme rain driving from the rear of the trailer to the front. When not in use, I leave the trailer with the rear end significantly lower than the other, and have no issues. When camping, I level, but if there is rain, I tend to bring the front end of the trailer up slightly.

I opened the trailer early summer 2018, cleaned it out, got it ready for the summer, but then never actually managed to take any trips. I closed it back up in the fall of 2018, but I actually haven't opened the trailer this year at all. I will do that over the next couple of days, and if I find anything wrong, I will update my listing, and adjust the price.

Although the two couches, which were originally in a 3023 are gone, I feel this is still a much better floor plan for a couple, or a family of four. My experience with this camper when the kids were younger, and the couches were still in it, we were always in each other's way. There was zero floor space. There is now plenty of floor space, and both beds are still available, and in fact, the front bed is more easily accessible now.

I believe I have priced this unit to reflect the work that is needed, but also the renovation that has been done - it's a pro/con thing. The work needed isn't expensive if you can do the work, but it will be time consuming.

If you are interested, please contact me via email, for questions, or schedule a visit to view the trailer: hollyannbuker@gmail.com

The decision to sell Fiona has been difficult. I considered it at the end of last summer, when I hadn't been able to use her at all, but I just wasn't ready to let her go. I put a lot of work into the remodel, and she was just too special. However, now that I have completed my camper van build, and I have lots of time, love, blood, sweat and tears into that, the memory of blood, sweat and tears of Fiona's remodel has faded, and been overshadowed with all my happy memories with her, so it is easier to see Fiona go off with someone else that will enjoy her, as I have over the years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TM1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	686.1 KB
ID:	18712   Click image for larger version

Name:	TM4.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	627.3 KB
ID:	18713   Click image for larger version

Name:	TM8.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	658.3 KB
ID:	18714   Click image for larger version

Name:	TM11.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	706.3 KB
ID:	18715   Click image for larger version

Name:	TM14.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	673.8 KB
ID:	18716  

Last edited by HoMiPa; 10-09-2019 at 09:19 AM. Reason: correct some html coding errors, add link
Old 10-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Site Sponsor

Wow, I think that is the most well appointed TM I have ever seen. I've seen those photos before, and admired them then too, but seeing them again leaves just as much of an impression. You should consider consulting for travel trailer manufacturers!

I hope you'll stick around after you sell. I've always enjoyed your posts.

Dave
Old 10-09-2019, 10:10 AM
2005 Trailmanor 3023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Wow, I think that is the most well appointed TM I have ever seen. I've seen those photos before, and admired them then too, but seeing them again leaves just as much of an impression. You should consider consulting for travel trailer manufacturers!

I hope you'll stick around after you sell. I've always enjoyed your posts.

Dave
Aww - thanks so very much! I feel bad that I haven't been on here for so long! I must admit, a portion of my unwillingness to list my TM for sale was because this forum, this community, the TM community as a whole, is just so great. I hope to remain a part of it - as long as it doesn't make me regret selling Fiona... Who knows, I may end up pulling the ad if it doesn't sell right away. I'll take it as some sort of sign that I'm not meant to sell. LOL I just really do love my TM, and I really hate to see it go.