TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-19-2005, 12:12 AM   #1
wwjam

Default First trip out

We just took our new TM out last weekend. I loved having a bathroom, (which was better than I expected) kitchen, bed, etc. But, it was so wet, wet, wet!!! In the NW we have a lot of that. It rained every day we were camping, and was muddy and cold. We stayed dry inside but the condensation was pretty high. I thinking the condensation might have been better had it not been so cold. I'm looking forward to camping in the spring, although it is tempting to go to the beach sometime when it's stormy. But we probably won't. I found only one spider, and suspect it came in from the outside when we set the trailer up.

We bought a flat TV with a DVD player online, for only 300.00 It works pretty good, and we even had a cable hook up in our site. I was wondering though, does anyone know if it can be hung on the wall somehow? It would be nice not to have to take up counter space. I have read about hanging stuff but don't remember where.

Someone mentioned covering vents with screen to keep the insects out of them. What vents would those be?

Thanks,
Jo Ann
Old 11-19-2005, 09:49 AM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Glad you had a fun trip - when are you going to send some of that rain down here? We could use some.

We also experienced condensation when we went camping in cool weather, even though it wasn't raining. Just having 4 people breathing inside and using the shower creates a lot of moisture. It helps to run a fan to circulate the air.

Which TV did you buy? It sounds like a good deal.

Dee
Old 11-19-2005, 04:13 PM   #3
Bill & Lisa

for mounting things on the wall check out the forum in the "interiors" section, topic "new things for my 3023" for pictures of how we mounted a toaster oven above the stove. You could probably do the same thing for your tv. Since the time we made that mod we have ordered 3 complete sets of handing hardware from the factory through the dealer so you wouldn't have to modify door strike plates.

Also under the interiors section is a topic named "collapsable tv stand". The original one suggested there might work for you. I also made a collapsable stand but it fits over the front bunk and wouldn't work for your floor plan. Here is a picture of it in use though which I include because it shows my flatscreen which also has a DVD player built in. Mine was $550 at the Navy exchange though so you got a great deal.

Bill
Old 11-20-2005, 06:05 PM   #4
wwjam

Default Helpful information

Texas and Bill... Thanks for the information, and pictures. I like your shelf ideas. We'll have to see how creative we can be. The trailer is at the dealer's right now they might be able to help out too.

My husband was pretty proud of his good deal on the t.v. he bought online. I can get the information or send a link if someone is interested. It's a brand we have never heard of, and only 15" but the picture and sound are good, and it plays DVD's pretty good. Nothing fancy or extra, but nice.

The dealer told us about some balls that are velcro or have velcro on them, and stick to the wall or something. These balls collect moisture. I wonder how well they work?

Thanks,
Jo Ann