TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2005, 07:11 PM   #1
AstroBruce

Default New TM owner 3124KB

I joined this forum a couple of months ago, and have been lurking, trying to learn as much as I can about Trailmanors. This forum is a wealth of information. Thanks to all of you for the help you have given me. I took delivery of a new 2006 3124KB on Oct. 12th. with Air Conditioner, Awning, Antenna, 2 Hanging Cabinets, Microwave Box with Drawer, Rear Bike Receiver, 40 Gal. Tank, and Tinted Windows. We have used the TM twice, so far, and really like it. Now, I think it is time I started giving back to the forum.
I am the kind of person who can't leave anything alone. I am always trying to find a better way. The day I brought the TM home, I removed the toilet, and put in a Porta-Potty 565. I just didn't want to deal with the smell. The 565 has its own sealed holding tank which can be dumped into a sewer connection, dump station, clean out, or any toilet. I won't need a Blue Tote or a 3 in. hose to dump. We'll see how this works out. So far so good. If I run into some unforeseen problem, I can always put the recirculating toilet back in.
The shower was a problem (learning experience) for us. Very nice shower curtains, but water seems to run through them onto the floor. I hung cheap plastic shower curtains that I overlapped. These seem to work fine, but it makes folding the bathroom a bit more difficult. I'm still working on this.
Another learning experience was the Norcold 300.3 refrigerator. I turned the fridge on AC power a couple of days before our first camping trip and adjusted the temp. control to get the temp to 40 degrees. The day before our trip we packed the fridge, turned the fridge to DC power, and closed up the TM. The next day we unplugged and headed out. Upon arriving at the campground, we found everything in the fridge frozen solid. Milk, soda, creamer, eggs, lettuce. SOLID! After some poking around, I found there is no temperature control when running on DC. I verified this from the wiring schematic. The outside temps were about 50 degrees. I guess at 80 or 90 degrees I would have been OK. Just wanted to share this in case anyone else is scratching their head about this.
I am in the process of some modifications and upgrades. So far I installed a 1500-watt sine wave inverter, transfer switch, PD9160 with charge wizard, golf car batteries, Trimetric 2020, water heater switch, electric tongue jack, Flowjet Sensor VSD water pump. I will post some photos of the work I have done when I get a chance.
I love my TM. Looking forward to sharing with all of you on the TM Owners Forum.

Bruce