TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > TrailManor Pictures
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2021, 07:33 PM   #1
Surfncamp

Default "THE BOHO SHACK" Our Remodeled 2619 (Truly One of a Kind)

Here are some pictures of our remodeled 2004 Trailmanor 2619. We bought it a year ago and completely renovated and remodeled it, making it custom to our liking.

So much has been done to this thing, including new brakes, tires, paint (interior and exterior), wood countertops, kitchen tile backsplash, shiplap walls, leather dinette cushions, new floors, custom shelving, custom chandelier, and lately a new "basement" hatch door to access the storage under the dinette seat.

Any questions, ask away!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1829.jpg
Views:	889
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	19821   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1832.jpg
Views:	909
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	19822   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1830.jpg
Views:	853
Size:	919.1 KB
ID:	19823   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1833.jpg
Views:	827
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	19824   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1819.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	19825  

Surfncamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:59 PM   #2
BaconLover

Wow! What a gorgeous remodel and magazine-quality pictures! Love the kids in the pics. You did a nice job - I’m sure it was a ton of work so congrats on the making it new again!
Old 03-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #3
Surfncamp

Thank you!! Yes, we've put a lot of work into it. My wife is a designer so she has the vision for it, and I have to figure out how to do it all, haha.

I just replaced the battery today, adding a bluetooth battery monitor, and I may add an electric jack one of these days. We still need to do a makeover in the bathroom, but other than that we love it and use it all the time!

Anyone in the Dallas area let us know, we camp at least every month.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:19 PM   #4
DoubleT

Default boho

gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing. Trailmanor should hire you guys for an upscale new line.
TV 2012 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4.6 V-8 w/Tow Pkg
Air Bags, Swing Hitch
DoubleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 08:36 AM   #5
Surfncamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing. Trailmanor should hire you guys for an upscale new line.
Haha, we've had several requests for rv remodels but wouldn't have an idea about what to charge. I've always wondered why all campers are so ugly inside though, most of them are pretty awful on the outside as well! (except airstream's) And how so many people just buy them and live with them, so much brown on brown, like a cave or a dungeon... Oh well, maybe things will change someday soon!
Old 03-20-2021, 08:43 AM   #6
Coty21

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfncamp View Post
I've always wondered why all campers are so ugly inside though, most of them are pretty awful on the outside as well!
Ditto. I totally agree. They need to hire some designers to modernize.
Lovely job on yours!
Coty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 11:31 AM   #7
fairweatherfisherman
Site Sponsor

Very nice.
Old 03-20-2021, 06:48 PM   #8
adventuremurphs

That is beautiful, well done! We have recently purchased a 2005 2619 and are halfway through our own remodel. How did you go about painting the exterior? Thought about doing this but didn't know how the terrible that would be, especially with decal removal. We painted the interior all white too, really brightens it up, but some of the paint is already scratching off in the wear surface areas, especially the bathroom. Any tips on how to overcome that? Recaulking all exterior is in the works this weekend, vent replacements up next. Thanks!

Ryan
adventuremurphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 11:21 PM   #9
lederhos
Site Sponsor

Default Preventing Abrasion Marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuremurphs View Post
...but some of the paint is already scratching off in the wear surface areas, especially the bathroom. Any tips on how to overcome that? Recaulking all exterior is in the works this weekend, vent replacements up next. Thanks!

Ryan
Ryan, I’ve had really good luck using 2” UHMW (Ultra High Molecular Weight) polyethylene tape at all contact areas. It is translucent so original surface shows through. While not completely hidden, it looks so much better than the abrasion marks. Clean the surface well before adhering and it will give you years of protection.

Eric
Tekonsha Brake Controller
Equalizer WD Hitch/w sway control
lederhos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:41 AM   #10
Surfncamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuremurphs View Post
That is beautiful, well done! We have recently purchased a 2005 2619 and are halfway through our own remodel. How did you go about painting the exterior? Thought about doing this but didn't know how the terrible that would be, especially with decal removal. We painted the interior all white too, really brightens it up, but some of the paint is already scratching off in the wear surface areas, especially the bathroom. Any tips on how to overcome that? Recaulking all exterior is in the works this weekend, vent replacements up next. Thanks!

Ryan
Hey Ryan,
Great questions! First off, for both inside and out I would sand it down pretty good to remove all old paint, etc. Then we wiped everything with alcohol / Clorox wipes and let it dry for 24hrs. We used Behr Marquee Exterior paint on both inside and outside, has held up great over the last year! Especially considering we’ve spent 100+ nights in it!! We painted everything at least two coats, and used a clear coat on the outside. Satin on the inside and hi gloss on the outside.

You can check out more photos or ask me questions directly on Instagram: @samcambron