TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
Surfncamp

Default Help!! Need a Replacement AC Fan Grill Cover!

Hi All,
I’m hoping there’s someone in the history of Trailmanor who has encountered a broken AC fan grill cover (black and round). If someone here could help me find a replacement (I don’t need an entire shroud / ac cover) it would be tremendously helpful!

I’m basically parked and unable to be taken out to camp until we find a solution for this problem. We don’t think it would be wise to travel or camp with a hole in the top of our AC and exposed fan blades!

We have a 2004 2619, and I believe it’s a Coleman Mach 9000 series AC unit.
Model No: 9203C876
Serial No: 070313254

Thanks all for the help with this brain buster that I’m dealing with!
Surfncamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:31 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Seems like a lot of those black grill covers get lost or broken. The good news is that they can be replaced at any number of RV parts places. The bad news is that they are kind of pricey.

If you are camped, you are not interested in a mail order replacement that takes a week to get to you. Fortunately, there is no real problem with camping or traveling with no grill cover in place. When the grill cover is in place, the fan is open to the sky above, right through the cover. The only thing the cover does is keep big sticks from falling into the fan, or maybe a bird or a rock kicked up from the road. It does not exclude rain or snow or sand or fine gravel. So replace it as soon as you can, but in the meantime, don't fret. I've been there, done that.

In the meantime, if you can find a big RV parts place, try them. Or an RV service place might have replaced a Coleman 9000-series, and scrapped the old one which would have the grill. Or order it when you get home. I have no idea where you are, of course, but an alternative source might be an RV Salvage outfit.

When I got my new one, I found it was held in place with three big Phillips head screws, which you will have to remove in order to get the broken parts out. I suggest that you also buy a small tube of BLUE Loctite (aka thread locker) - NOT RED! Put a drop on each screw as you re-install it.

In the end, you may have to buy the entire shroud anyway - think $250 or so.
I'll try to find an RV mail order place that has them, and post back here.
... Amazon will sell you the entire shroud for about $280 bucks.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:35 PM   #3
Texastrailerguy

Default AC fan cover temp fix.

In a pinch try building one out of hail wire screen not chicken wire. Its small enough to keep sticks,rocks and birds out and any other goofy stuff that could happen. Big enough to let air flow thru. You can get that stuff at any hardware store and a pair of side cutters. If you can't find a real cover or are in a hurry to go some where this works.
Texastrailerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 11:52 AM   #4
Stratty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastrailerguy View Post
In a pinch try building one out of hail wire screen not chicken wire. Its small enough to keep sticks,rocks and birds out and any other goofy stuff that could happen. Big enough to let air flow thru. You can get that stuff at any hardware store and a pair of side cutters. If you can't find a real cover or are in a hurry to go some where this works.
I ran into the same issue and when I did find the AC fan grille it was $200. Here is my $20 solution with chicken wire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220614_184324.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	21387

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220614_184318.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	3.55 MB
ID:	21388
Stratty12 is offline   Reply With Quote