TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-14-2023, 04:31 PM   #11
FlyboyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist1 View Post
If you are going to use steel wool, I always buy some plaster of Paris, and mix it when it starts to thicken with the steel wool. That will keep the mice from pushing it aside. kinda messy, but it works. You could also use some very coarse steel wool, and some spray foam caulking. They won't chew through the steel wool. I have also put ex-lax in peanut shells, and they will crap to death.
Good suggestion about mixing the steel wool into the plaster. Had to laugh about the peanut shells... LOL Thanks.
Old 04-01-2023, 01:59 PM   #12
TMCamper1

Interesting reads. I pulled out the trailer the other day and was pleasantly surprised by the very limited sightings. This past storage, I kept paper, blankets, rugs, extra sleeping cushion in the house. Only a few stayed in the TM so as to discourage a lodging place. I put numerous mouse houses around and green cakes on tinfoil too. Only a few were touched.
The most evidence was in the bumper which cannot be sealed off and i'm fine if that is the only place. I covered the side vents with cardboard. I covered the open area between the bathroom and kitchen sink when bath is folded down. I put screen mesh in the heater vents. I secured the fridge vent underneath that was half off. That was probably a big help. The two other biggies I think was putting that copper mesh under the door when it is folded in, and also in front section above the propane tanks, which was probably about six feet of mesh. That area had dropping on the carpet and the cakes eaten. That was it. Very happy. No dropping in the corners of the bed or anywhere else. We had also covered the slide out bed with a mattress cover.
TMCamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 02:40 PM   #13
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCamper1 View Post
The two other biggies I think was putting that copper mesh under the door when it is folded in, and also in front section above the propane tanks, which was probably about six feet of mesh.
TMCamper -- do you by chance have any photos of this part? If not, can you describe a bit more about what you did in these 2 places?

Thanks!
Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 10:04 AM   #14
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Just opened mine up after a long winter. Looks like an early(ish) spring. Checked in the corners, under cabinets, lifted any bedding that was there (wasn't much) and so far, I have found no "mouse sign". Maybe I got lucky ✌️. First 2 rv's I have never had any mice show up. And we have them - they find my crawlspace a wonderful place to sit out the winter! Though I am winning that battle.

Going back out today to put the battery back in, install a battery cut-off and a couple of sae connectors for the solar panels, portable water pump and macerator. I'll be able to take a closer look in the battery bay, etc, but yesterday looked very encouraging. Hard to believe they didn't check it out. Storage yard is on the outskirts of our small town and right next to a great open field.