TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-03-2023, 10:32 AM   #1
BigCheesHead

Default Massive TM discounts on new units?

Hello all,

I've been researching TM for a while now and am about to pull the trigger on buying a new 2720. What is really surprising to me is that dealers all over the country have the 2022 models listed at ~ 10K off MSRP. I figure it's the end of the year and everyone is clearing out their 2022 inventory. I called one of these dealers and asked about the 2023 model. Surprisingly they're willing to drop 10K off on that one as well!

In comparison, regular RV's in a similar price range are only being discounted 2 to 3K max.

Any idea why dealers are so anxious to sell TM's at heavy discounts?
BigCheesHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 09:30 AM   #2
rich2468
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCheesHead View Post
Hello all,

I've been researching TM for a while now and am about to pull the trigger on buying a new 2720. What is really surprising to me is that dealers all over the country have the 2022 models listed at ~ 10K off MSRP. I figure it's the end of the year and everyone is clearing out their 2022 inventory. I called one of these dealers and asked about the 2023 model. Surprisingly they're willing to drop 10K off on that one as well!

In comparison, regular RV's in a similar price range are only being discounted 2 to 3K max.

Any idea why dealers are so anxious to sell TM's at heavy discounts?
Can you share where you're seeing MSRP?

If the dealerships are sharing MSRP (instead of the manufacturer), then the starting number is in question from the beginning.

When I purchased a few years ago, I wouldn't even bother contacting dealers who advertised outrageously high prices compared to others. I know they're in business to make a profit, but I have little patience for beginning negotiations with someone who's already asking an unreasonable premium above their peers.

Reflecting on what you've shared about deep discounts; in a causal look at RVTrader I see several dealerships falling into the realm of one's I'd never waste my time contacting (they're posting prices prices 20% above others)....I think if you look at 5 to 6 dealers it will become clear which ones play that pricing game.

420Ah LiFePO4 battery bank, kilowatt solar, 3K Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter, DC-to-DC Charger, Sealand 711-M28 toilet, Maxxis 8008 Load Rated E
rich2468 is offline   Reply With Quote