TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-25-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
Frank777

Default 2000 TM electric water heater switch location

I called the factory but the service dept had closed. I think it was Adam in parts that told me that the switch to heat water with electric not propane is "underneath" and has a cotter pin in it. The manual also refers to the switch and cotter pin.

Under the outside panel is the wheel well.

I cannot find it. I must be looking in the wrong places.

The switch inside I believe is for the propane. Right?

HELP!!!!!!

God bless, Frank
Old 06-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #2
Freedom

My TM is a 2000 and the water heater on it is ONLY propane. There is no switch on the outside, so maybe yours is the same. I don't care because we don't use it any way.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:26 PM   #3
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper View Post
...For electric heating, you have to go outside, and find the access panel. Remove that panel and look near the bottom, toward the front...
Leon's picture is correct for Suburban brand DPI water heaters (elec/propane combination).

I moved the switch that turns the electric element on & off to the inside of my current TT. I burned out the heating element the first time we used the trailer because we didn't know it was on and plugged into 110 VAC without water in the heater. I bought a switch to match the one that turns on the propane ignition, so I can now control the electric element and the propane ignition from the same panel inside the trailer. It is a very useful modification, in my opinion, and it can be done in a TM, too.