TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
OffToDaRaces

Default Where to get yr/model specific Specs

I have a 2008 2720 that I recently purchased. I do have an owners manual that came with the unit, but there are no Year/Model Specific specifications lists i.e. What axle is the 2008 2720 equipped with? Does this model have a lift kit installed. Is a lift kit necessary to allow for upgrading to larger wheels and tires. It is equipped with 14 wheels and tires. What are wheel specs? Wheel weight rating? Wheel width? 5 bolt pattern size?

Can anyone advise me where I can access this information? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffToDaRaces View Post
Is a lift kit necessary to allow for upgrading to larger wheels and tires.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...20&postcount=2

Tim
Old 05-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
KevinP

There are threads here with a lot of that info. I just changed from 14 to 15" wheels on a 2005 2720sl this week.
You'll probably have to get on the ground to get accurate axle info.
If there's a 2x2 square tube between the axle mount and the frame, you have a lift kit. What it seems like you need more than a lift kit is 3" clearance for wheel travel to the wheels well when the trailer is unloaded.
On my TM the original tires were Marathon 215/75/R14's. The wheels are 5x4.5 bolt pattern, 0" offset, 6" wide rim . Both had a weight limit of 1870lbs. My TM has a lift kit and almost 4" of travel room. The new wheels are 15" white spoke steel, same bolt pattern, offset and rim width and a 2600lb limit. The tires are 225/75/R15 D Mastertrack tires, with a 2650lb limit at 65psi. They came out 1 3/4" taller (surprise!), but the same width of 8". They fit fine in the existing wheel well and spare tire rack.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
OffToDaRaces

Default Ou

Thanks for the responses.

Kevin, the info you sent was very helpful, re: wheel width, bolt pattern etc info. Thanks alot.

I was under the trailer, looking at the axle. There is no lift block, but the Dogbone angles down. I think I read somewhere that that is the newer axle, not requiring a lift kit to fit the new tires and wheels. Is there a model number or part number on the actual axle? I looked but did not find one.

I take it by your responses that there is no "Unit Specific" Spec sheet for my particular unit.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #5
Scottie Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
There are threads here with a lot of that info. I just changed from 14 to 15" wheels on a 2005 2720sl this week.
You'll probably have to get on the ground to get accurate axle info.
If there's a 2x2 square tube between the axle mount and the frame, you have a lift kit. What it seems like you need more than a lift kit is 3" clearance for wheel travel to the wheels well when the trailer is unloaded.
On my TM the original tires were Marathon 215/75/R14's. The wheels are 5x4.5 bolt pattern, 0" offset, 6" wide rim . Both had a weight limit of 1870lbs. My TM has a lift kit and almost 4" of travel room. The new wheels are 15" white spoke steel, same bolt pattern, offset and rim width and a 2600lb limit. The tires are 225/75/R15 D Mastertrack tires, with a 2650lb limit at 65psi. They came out 1 3/4" taller (surprise!), but the same width of 8". They fit fine in the existing wheel well and spare tire rack.
I am trying to figure out the benefit of 15 inch wheels? It seems like a lot of work and expense.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
MudDog
TrailManor Master

The Goodyear Marathon 14" wheels are near the weight limit in a very light Trailmanor - start loading the TM up with supplies, water, full holding tank, etc and you're really pushing things.

The 15" tires are rated for more weight (though you still have a axle weight limit regardless of what tires you put on).

Depending on the year, some TM's can upgrade to 15" wheels without any other work, others will need a lift kit so there is enough clearance for the larger wheel.

Welcome to the forum - if you haven't yet, I would highly recommend becoming a member at $12/year so you have access to all forums after your trail period expires...and the search tool is your friend.

--jim
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

ScottieDogs -

Glad to see you became a Sponsor. Now, as Jim says, the Search tool is your friend. As it turns out, most new owners have the same questions, and most of those quesitons have gotten comprehensive answers. Rather than repeating them for each new member, a few minutes with the Search tool will keep the board less cluttered - and more helpful. And you'll get an answer immediately. If you have a question that does not appear to have been addressed, by all means post it, and the discussion will add to the general level of knowledge here, which is one of the purposes of the board.

Again, welcome aboard.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote