TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-07-2004, 04:54 PM   #1
Talley01

Default Replacing Damaged Toilet Seat Cover

I need to replace a damaged seat cover on my Thetford Electra Magic toilet but I'm not sure how to go about it. It looks like the cover and bowl assembly needs to be removed from the top of the unit before the lid and seat can be removed. Anyone else had to do this - any words of wisdom?
Old 11-08-2004, 03:54 PM   #2
Talley01

When I remove the motor cover assembly, I see two screws that hold the cover and bowl assembly in place. I also see the pump motor and level indicator that are installed on the cover. If I remove the cover and bowl assembly it is OK to leave the pump motor and level indicator is place or should they also be removed? Also, should the toilet be totally empty or is it OK to leave it filled with an initial charge?
Old 08-01-2005, 05:50 PM   #3
Talley01

For those of you who have the need to delve into the bowels of the TM Terlit (TMT), I will offer some first hand experience. It is infinately better to work on a main housing tank that has been purged of it's offensive contents. Rinsing with clean water several times will make for a much more memorable experience. The motor cover assembly is the first thing off. Remember to cut power to the TMT by removing the inline fuse here or removing the fuse at the main fuse panel. The seat and lid assembly are attached to the top cover with screws which can only be removed from inside the tank. Once the four screws holding the top cover to the tank are removed, the cover is removed by lifting straight up. Turning the cover upside down, you can then remove the two screws that hold the seat/lid assembly in place. Finally, the seat/lid assembly is dissasembled by removing the small "C" clips that are installed in slots cut into the pins which hold the assembly together. They are located between the seat and the seat hinges and can be removed using needle nose pliars. Using a new main housing gasket you can then reverse the dissassembly process and your done.