TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-14-2023, 04:27 PM   #1
ryanwwest

Question Cinderella Incinerating Toilet - Plausible?

I'm thinking about buying a larger TM and definitely getting at least the Sealand upgrade, but that still seems to be a cassette toilet and you have to empty it manually every 1-3 days (from my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong).

It seems like the Cinderella Incinerating Toilet (https://www.cinderellaeco.com/us-en/...eration-toilet) could be really great because all you have to deal with is ash at the end of the day, making is way more sanitary and much better for boondocking (I've heard that Sealand and the original Thetford aren't very good for boondocking). One YouTube creator claimed it lasts ~50 'flushes' on a 20 gallon propane tank (seems high but I could be way off).

I was wondering if anyone could comment on whether installing one in a TM is possible, easy/hard to install, low enough power consumption, and whether they think it would be worth it? They are super expensive, but I'm not handy (would probably hire someone to install it) and would value being able to have less maintenance and cleanup to do. And if I ever sold the RV, maybe it would be possible to keep (but maybe this is unrealistic). Not sure if weight matters.

There are several other toilet types I'm wondering if could be installed too that seem to have little discussion here. Seven Savage posted a neat video with a tier list of types of RV toilets and I'm curious what people think about installing any of the ones on the 'recommended' side (tier list image attached or at 0:18 in video: ).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 16.24.01.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	584.6 KB
ID:	22169  
ryanwwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:52 PM   #2
evmynt

I designed a sprinter van with this idea in it (designed... not built). I also would like to know if anyone has attempted this in their rig.
The venting is the biggest question - If it can direct vent out the bottom would be best.
evmynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 02:51 PM   #3
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

I have heard there could be a nasty exhaust smell with incinerating toilets. I haven't heard much actual experiences though.

I have thought that if my recirculating toilet c**ped out, (really bad pun), I would consider a recirculating toilet. I would get a duel fuel one though, one that works on propane as well as electricity.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 04:07 PM   #4
evmynt

I saw a young fellow put the incinolet incinerating toilet in a sprinter van. He mentioned about the smell and a carbon filter being a possible solution. I have not followed up to see what happened with that situation since

Here is a link to the YouTube video about the van version. I believe he vented his down through the floor, but I watched this quite a while ago and don’t remember clearly - and don’t have time right now to watch it again

I still think this is a good idea that has merit. I know dump stations can be hard to find and the benefit no black tank at all. I look forward to the day someone solves this mod and has a how to video on this forum . The one thing I DO know is that these toilets are EXPENSIVE!

https://youtu.be/cTX1goWv9eo
Old 06-23-2023, 04:18 PM   #5
evmynt

Default Incilet installation

https://youtu.be/cTX1goWv9eo

I think he was planning to add a carbon filter for any extra smell issues.
Old 06-27-2023, 03:49 PM   #6
MBushaw
Site Sponsor

The SeaLand, at least the ones I am familiar with, are NOT cassette toilets. They have an above floor black tank that is pretty big and connects to the existing plumbing for dumping.
It’s been 45 years but we had an incinerator toilet for the train car mounted flight simulator I worked on for the USAF. It was so stinky that it was only used if the train was moving and we couldn’t hold it until station. The power consumption would be too high to use much if boondocking. Newer ones must be more efficient.

2008 3023 TM. 2013 F150 3.7 TV
MBushaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 08:06 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
It’s been 45 years but we had an incinerator toilet for the train car mounted flight simulator I worked on for the USAF. It was so stinky that it was only used if the train was moving and we couldn’t hold it until station.
In about the same time frame, my Dad installed a propane-fired incinerating toilet in our cabin in the woods of Maine. His results were the same as you describe, and the next year he trashed it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
incinerating, install, plumbing, toilet