TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2022, 10:44 AM   #1
live4fun

Default Recommendations on WDH for new Tow Vehicle

I recently replaced my tow vehicle with an identical truck, but new one. For the last 10 years I’ve had a 2008 Honda ridgeline which was four-wheel-drive, 5000# capacity, about 6000 pounds GVWR, and in the payload of 1558#. I just replaced that vehicle with a new Honda ridgeline 2020. It has almost the same identical specs as a 2008; it has a GWHR of 5710#, it has 280 foot pounds of torque, and also a tow capacity of 5000 pounds. So with my 2008 I never used a WDH hitch and just had a regular ball hitch on the back. We clocked tens of thousands of miles with that rig and my Trailmanor rig over long trips, gravel roads and steep grades. Our Trailmanor is a 2020 2720 QS with an unloaded weight of about 3200 pounds and fully loaded probably 4500 pounds (I’m very conscious of keeping the weight low and lite) .

So like I said, I never used a WDH hitch in my old set up and now that I have a new tow vehicle, it’s time to reconsider my hitch configuration. I have read many of the threads in the forum and everyone seems to like the WDH hitch arrangement on their TM.. My question here is what brands of hitches do people most like. The Anderson WDH hitch seems to be popular. The Equalizer WDH hitch seems to be broadly mentioned. And there are a few others- Fastway, Reese, Blue Ox and so on . So if you have a couple moments and want to tell me the pros and cons about your WDH hitch that you have and maybe you have similar TM capacities and TV requirements that I have, you can give me some feedback here and I would be greatly appreciated of any and all comments. Thanks again, I get so much unbiased opinions about TMs stuff and are grateful for that aspect of this product. See ya! Kurt
live4fun is offline   Reply With Quote