TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2020, 03:05 PM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default It's spring! Time for a screen door.

It’s April, and in the middle of the corona-virus pandemic, I’m not sure how Forum members feel about adding a screen door to their TM. You might think

“Hey, it’s spring, and camping time is just around the corner! A screen door would be a great addition to my TM !”.

Or maybe
“I can’t go camping - all the campgrounds are closed. Why would I want a screen door?”

Or more realistically, you might say
“It looks like the pandemic is weakening. While I’m still confined at home, its a good time to add a screen door to my TM.”

So let me just lay it out. As of today (April 18), I have five screen door kits in stock, ready to ship. When they are gone, I’m not sure when there will be more. One of my suppliers is struggling, though he insists he will recover “soon”. Or I may need to find another.

See my update below

The TM screen door was introduced in 2013. It has been popular among TM owners, and discussed at length here on the Forum. I've included links to past discussions below, but if you want to skip all that (and miss the glowing recommendations!), here is a summary.

The screen door is a half-height door. You uncouple the halves of the TM's entry Dutch door, then swing the upper half back and latch it against the side of the trailer. The screen door quickly and easily replaces it, becoming part of the entry door, and opening and closing as part of it. It is removed just as easily. There are no dangling panels or curtains that flap in the wind, no magnets, no velcro, no clips or clamps. It won't fall off your TM, as some other designs have done. Even in the wind, it fits closely, keeping bugs out while admitting the breeze.

The screen door will fit all standard TM designs of all past years. It will NOT fit the new design coming out of South Dakota, with the clipped upper corners on the entry door.

The current price of the kit is $135 with free Priority shipping within the US (a bit more for Canada). Cash, personal check, and Paypal are accepted, but I’m not equipped for credit cards.

If you're looking for a little light reading, check out some earlier threads.
June 2013
March 2015
March 2017
May 2017
Nov 2018

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:07 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Latest info on the TM screen door

Thanks for staying with me. The five kits that I mentioned above are in the hands of buyers. But my struggling supplier recovered, as I hoped he would, and he has provided the needed material to me. Very soon, I will have a few more kits on the shelf and ready to go, and these will go quickly too. It is spring, and even though we are in mid May instead of early April, now may be the best time to make your move. Remember, I am a one-man show.

Many of you remember that each spring, my wife and I make a leisurely migration from our winter digs in Arizona to the coast of Maine. We usually do it in late April or very early May, but this year the COVID situation is telling us that early June is more likely. Either way, the screen door workshop is always closed during our travels, and no shipments can be made.

If you don't want to wait until June 15 or later to get your kit, the best time to act is probably right now. Just send me an email at screendoor @ cox.net with the word INFO in the title, and I will send some introductory information to get you started. If you like what you see, send another email with the word ORDER in the title. What could be easier?

Hope to hear from you before we begin packing up for Maine.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote