TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-22-2006, 09:42 PM   #1
genesc

Default Bathroom mirror fell off the wall!

We have a 2005 3326 TM. On this trip, the bathroom mirror fell off the wall! The frame fell apart. Luckily, the mirror did not break, because it fell off while the walls where folded down. The mirror was glued to the wall with silicone and the mirror frame was stapled to the wall. Apparently, the silicone did not adhere to the back of the mirror and the staples holding the frame were not adaquate. I have peeled most of the silicone off the wall.

My question is, had this happened to anyone else? Do you have a better solution to remounting the mirror to the wall so that this does not occur again?

genesc
Old 05-23-2006, 05:29 AM   #2
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

You may want to try a liquid nails product.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:34 AM   #3
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Do not use silicone, or another adhesive that is not designed for use on a mirror. Many will eat the backing off the mirror. Get an adhesive from a glass shop made for mirrors (http://www.osiliterature.com/Image/PDF/sP20096.pdf )
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 06:50 PM   #4
genesc

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWORRYDOG
Do not use silicone, or another adhesive that is not designed for use on a mirror. Many will eat the backing off the mirror. Get an adhesive from a glass shop made for mirrors (http://www.osiliterature.com/Image/PDF/sP20096.pdf )
Thanks for the advise. I did not realize that there is a special adhesive designed for mirrors. But the web site you directed me to, states that one of the limitations is not to use on wall papered walls. But I will inquire at a mirror store what is best to use.

genesc
Old 05-28-2006, 02:33 PM   #5
Bill & Lisa

Well, I'd first use a smaller mirror and utilize the additional "free" wall for those things that I'd rather have in that space (folding cup holder, hand towel rack, cloth gadget bag, etc). Once that was decided, I'd use the proper adhesive and replace the smaller mirror using the original frame adjusted to fit.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:14 PM   #6
genesc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Lisa
Well, I'd first use a smaller mirror and utilize the additional "free" wall for those things that I'd rather have in that space (folding cup holder, hand towel rack, cloth gadget bag, etc). Once that was decided, I'd use the proper adhesive and replace the smaller mirror using the original frame adjusted to fit.
If I understand you correctly, those items that you mention, if installed, would interfere with folding down the wall for travel.

genesc
Old 05-28-2006, 04:22 PM   #7
wwjam

Default Shower and Blue Tote

Hello... I am having a brain freeze today and can't remember how to post a new thread, so I'm putting it here.

I have a question about the shower head, and the blue tote.

Is the shower head removable from the hose? I tried to gently remove it but it seems to be on for good.

Has anyone carried the blue tote, standing up, over the propane tanks on top of the hitch? My husband tried it just in the driveway and it seemed to work. When it's standing it's partly covering the window over the couch. He is not sure if it will travel well or not. So he is wanting to know if anyone has done that? It's the 25 gal. size.

Thanks,
Jo Ann
Old 05-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #8
genesc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjam
It's the 25 gal. size.

Thanks,
Jo Ann
If it were me, I would downsize. 25 gal. x 8lbs. = 200 lbs. Too difficult to handle.

genesc
Old 05-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #9
wwjam

Thanks for the information on the tote, that's good to know. What would we do without y'all?

As for the shower head, Mr. Muscles got it off. I'm just a wimp.

Jo Ann
Old 05-30-2006, 02:00 PM   #10
MidwestDave

Default Blue Tote experience

Yes, We too have a Blue Tote 15gal. It is a bear to move when full any distance manuely. We hitch ours to the tv and slowly tow to dump station.
We camped out for six days,showering,washing dishes and using stool. Must have emptied tanks 5-6 times. Would not have been happy moving TM each time the tanks were full.
Just my two cents worth!

Midwest Dave