TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default Happy Bowl Liners

I read a letter in the Techtopics section of the Good Sam's Highway magazine about flushing away waste in an rv or boat toilet. There response was to suggest Happy Bowl Liners and gave the website www.HappyBowl.com. The bowl liners are available in two sizes and are suppose to break down quickly. Thew were invented by a man who volunteered in the U.S. Park system for many years.

The regular sized bowl liner is suppose to fit Thetford toilets. My question is do you think this would work with the Thetford recirculating toilet? I think porta pottis recirculate... however I need to go camping.......because I am pretty sure nothing open for the waste to drop into. Dang memory get worse every day!

They cost 8.95 for a box of 50.

FAQ

Q. Does the Happy Bowl Liner use more water?

Actually it uses less because you do not have to waste lots of water cleaning with that old fashioned dirty brush!

Q. Is the Happy Bowl Liner hygienic to use?

Yes it is much more hygienic as the bowl is always spotless. The Happy Bowl Liner wraps up what would have been left on the bowl and sends it cleanly down into the tank.

Q. Does the Happy Bowl Liner harm the plumbing system?

No it really helps as it prevents soil from touching the valve, so it is kept clean and always working.

Q. Why do I have to count to ten while running water before open the flush valve?

This is to allow the Happy Bowl Liner to become lubricated so the whole package can slide down into the tank.

Q. Why can’t I use multiple sheets of paper to line the bowl instead of one Happy Bowl Liner?

Because multiple sheets cannot wrap up the contents and drop into the tank as one piece. Often the user of the “multiple sheet” method ends up with paper stuck in the valve followed by the nasty job of cleaning it out. One Happy Bowl Liner does the whole job with no clean up!

Q. Why can’t I just run in a bowl of water before using the toilet?

RV toilets are too shallow for this to work comfortably. You’ll get splashed and still have to clean the bowl. The Happy Bowl Liner prevents any “splashback” and keeps you and the bowl clean!

Q. Will the Happy Bowl Liner dissolve in the tank?

Yes. Happy Bowl Liners have been tested for many years and they dissolve quickly.

Q. Are Happy Bowl Liners environmentally beneficial?

Yes, they use less water, and do not require any harmful chemicals.

Happy Bowl Original - Plastic and standard size bowls (Thetford “Aqua Magic, Aurora, and Bravura, Fiama, Dometic 970 series, All Porta Poties)

I did think this was interesting though.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
brulaz

We don't have the re-circulating Thetford, so take this with a grain of salt.

I would be a little concerned about adding more tissue to our tank, and about "wrapping up" the waste. I would rather our waste break apart quickly and the "wrapping" might hinder this. Don't want any lumps clogging up things.

And we don't have splash-back, even when pre-filling the bowl.

The pre-filling definitely helps with keeping the bowl clean. Others have suggested waxing the bowl or using something like Pam (? a frying pan non-stick spray) or Rain-off (a windshield treatment). But, so far, to get rid of residual streaks and gunk, we add some more water after flushing, let it sit for a while, then flush it clean next time (probably wouldn't do that if there were guests around but with just the two of us ...). Then a good cleaning when the trip's over.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I would never try one of those in the Thetford, especially given the problems I have in evacuating all the solids when dumping. And with all the other problems I've had with the Thetford, I've never had a problem with bowl residue. One thing that may help is to flush for a few seconds before using the toilet. And if that doesn't work, I'd spray a touch of Teflon lubricant in the bowl before each use.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote