TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
tshawah

Default Table legs on 2007 2720SL

Is it just us or do others have trouble with adjusting the table legs in the TM. One of our legs is too high and we don't know how to adjust it. The other seems to be jammed. Any suggestions?????
Tom
Old 07-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
rumbleweed

The legs are funky. If you open or close them too hard, they jam. Just pull out the spring clip with the button and re install it. Which hole you install it in controls how high it is. Then carefully pull out until the button pops into the hole. I find it is easiest to work on tem by lying on the floor. Only problem is getting back up after i fix them.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
tshawah

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbleweed View Post
The legs are funky. If you open or close them too hard, they jam. Just pull out the spring clip with the button and re install it. Which hole you install it in controls how high it is. Then carefully pull out until the button pops into the hole. I find it is easiest to work on tem by lying on the floor. Only problem is getting back up after i fix them.
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely try it the next time we take our TM for an outing.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:13 AM   #4
MisterP

Two words for sticky metal parts - Pledge wax. Spray a little on and wipe it off. Good for aluminum ladders too!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The legs are indeed funky. After spending a lot of time being frustrated with them, I found the secret. When it is time to put the table away, and you go to collapse the leg, don't push the lower part of the leg all the way up! Push it up only an inch or two! When you have done so, the leg will fold fine, the table will fold to the wall fine - and the leg won't jam.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
Brutus

My main table leg was jamming too. My solution was to put a small wad of duct tape in the end of the non-sliding tube (turned sticky-side out). The tape is sticky enough to not fall out, yet flexible enough to conform to the sliding table leg. No more jamming! Remember, if you can't duck it.... Well......never mind.