TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2007, 07:54 AM   #1
Scott2190

Question Thinking about buying a Trailmanor, concerned about lift system

Dear forum members,

I am new to the fourm and am considering a Trailmanor. I currently have a coleman pop up camper. I have had it for 20 years. It has been a great little camper, but at some point I want to upgrade, and get away for the canvas issue.

I have looked at new Trailmanors and they seem to meet most of my needs. What I don't know if how well they hold up over time. I have seen a few Trailmanors in the used lots at dealerships, and the entire lift system seems worn out. The models I have looked were 5 to 7 years old. Of course, I do not now how the previous owners treated their Trailmanors, but if they rattle apart after 5 or 6 years use, they would not serve my needs well at all. Some of the units I have looked at on used rv lots were so hard to set up and take down, the dealership would not even show me how it worked. I can live with a cabinent working it's way lose or a trim piece coming unglued, but I need a camper, whose main structure holds together well.

I plan on rv'ing more often in the future. Most of my trips are under 200 miles, and are for 2 or 3 days from my home port. I would like to take a trip across country. This would require a lot of set up, and take downs. Do you think a Trailmanor could handle this? I would also like to drive to Alaska. Do any of you think a Trailmanor could make that trip?

I appreciate any comments. I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season!

Scott