TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
azsteve

Default New to site and learning

Hello: New here to this site. Was recommended by nice gentleman in PA. that has his for sale. I will be looking at buying a 2619 model. Have not yet seen one in person, but plan on going to dealership in Mesa AZ. soon to look at them in person.

Can anyone recommend any questions that need to be addressed with TM 2619 while at the Dealership? I really will probably buy used if I find the right one, but need to check out the Dealership so I can see for myself.

Also, any likes and dislikes about TM and/or 2619? Your honest opinions are greatly appreciated. Never owned a TM or anything like it before, but seems to be the trailer that suits our needs because it is light and should tow easily with my 2006 Jeep Liberty w/diesel engine.

Thank's: AZsteve
Old 08-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
PopBeavers

I don't know if you can tow it with your jeep, but I started out looking at the 2619 and went with the 2720 instead. The difference is a bigger rear bed and quite a bit of extra storage.

The limit for me was the length of the garage. If it were not for the swing away tongue, I would have gotten the 2619. Glad I didn't. We really use the extra storage and the extra width of the bed is nice.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #3
azsteve

Thanks for the info on the 2720 model. 2006 Jeep Liberty/Diesel is rated at 5k towing capacity, also 4 cyl diesel compared to Jeep's V-6 motor, diesel is rated with more torque than the V-6 gasoline engine. Is not as quick off the line, but much more pulling power than the V-6 gas engine especially when towing a load. Have towed a 24 foot pontoon boat and trailer and no problems.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:09 AM   #4
Freedom

Do a search for Jeep Liberty. There are others who tow with the diesel and claim good mileage and no problems. angler_2 tows with a liberty.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:53 AM   #5
BrigCA61

Hi and welcome, Steve. We bought our trailmanor new when we owned a Jeep Liberty with a gas engine. We had no problems towing it, however, we didn't venture off into the higher altitude either... on flat roads and hills we were very happy towing it. Since then we've upgraded to the Jeep Cherokee Lmt with a bit larger engine so we could get into the mtns in the Sierra's with no worries or concerns of putting too much strain on the engine. I have heard good reports with the Diesel engine and towing, so you should be fine. The only thing I notice other than power with our new Jeep is that the wheel base is a bit longer, so that gives us a better sense of stability while towing.
Again, welcome and thanks for your question... hope I've helped a bit.

Best regards,
Brigitte
Old 08-13-2007, 07:59 AM   #6
BobRederick

AzSteve
I am an owner living in Mesa. Let me know if I can help.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #7
PopBeavers

FWIW, I weighed my TM 2720 once. It was full of water and everything I own for camping. My intent was to load it for my worst case scenario, a week camping with the kids (24 & 26). It weighed 3380 on the axle. I did not weigh the tongue. My guess is that was was just a little over 4,000 pounds.

My point is that the factory spec for the 2720 when fully loaded is 4075. I believe that you can load it that heavy but you almost have to try extra hard to max it out. I certainly did not need all the stuff I had.

If your TV can tow 5,000 pounds, and you believe the folks that claim the 80 percent rule, then you are right on the money.

Unless you can not park a 2720 where you intended to store it, then I would still strongly recommend you consider the 2720 over the 2619. With the swing away tongue saving 2 feet in length, my 2720 is actually a foot shorter than a standard 2619 when parked in the garage. I don't think the weight is substantially different. I think that if you can tow the 2619 you can tow the 2720.

Anything bigger than the 2720 and you might be too big for the Jeep.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:04 PM   #8
azsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
FWIW, I weighed my TM 2720 once. It was full of water and everything I own for camping. My intent was to load it for my worst case scenario, a week camping with the kids (24 & 26). It weighed 3380 on the axle. I did not weigh the tongue. My guess is that was was just a little over 4,000 pounds.

My point is that the factory spec for the 2720 when fully loaded is 4075. I believe that you can load it that heavy but you almost have to try extra hard to max it out. I certainly did not need all the stuff I had.

If your TV can tow 5,000 pounds, and you believe the folks that claim the 80 percent rule, then you are right on the money.

Unless you can not park a 2720 where you intended to store it, then I would still strongly recommend you consider the 2720 over the 2619. With the swing away tongue saving 2 feet in length, my 2720 is actually a foot shorter than a standard 2619 when parked in the garage. I don't think the weight is substantially different. I think that if you can tow the 2619 you can tow the 2720.

Anything bigger than the 2720 and you might be too big for the Jeep.
Thanks for the input on the 2720 vs 2619. Only myself and my wife, both smaller people and our Chiuaua "Poncho". I did look at the floor plan layouts on the net and do like the 2720 SD and SL. Will check them both out. Hey, you live in my old home town, born in S.J. grew up there, lived most of my life. Worked for SJFD retired 2000. Thank's again and appreciate the advice.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:39 PM   #9
Allen1124

You are going to really enjoy your TM. We never had an RV until last Fall when we bought our 2720. However, a few months later we realized that the 2720SL floor plan better suited our needs. We purchased the SL from the same dealer here in VA and our 2720 is posted on this site (on the 2nd page of TMs for sale. Good luck!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #10
RollingStones

Default Weighing in on the 2619

Hi Steve,
We live in San Diego and drove to San Fran in April to pick up a used 2619 sight unseen. Absoflippinlutely the best thing we ever did. We use it at least 2x a month and did our 9 day family vacation a few weeks ago. We= myself, my darling hub and 2 monkeys age 7 & 5. Our friends have an Airstream (Bambi), which they LOVE, but were amazed at our space in the TM. We never feel cramped w/ the 4 of us, and quite frankly I think we have plenty of storage. I keep the kids clothes in the drawers and all the bedding in the wardrobe. I store the plates and all cooking gear under the stove. Plenty of space. The fridge actually packs in more than the eye can tell too!
Our TV is rated at 3500, which is why we went for the 2619 instead of the 2720. So far no problems, although we have mainly been beach camping and lake camping at not very high alt.
Whatever you choose, I hope you have as much enjoyment as us.
Kristin
San Diego, CA