TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
Rich_in_Tampa

Default Got my 2008 my new 3124KS

Well yesterday was the day: received in good order. A couple of surprises: they added an Equalizer WDH as requested but gave me the model with the sway control, too (not requested nor paid for) - no harm done. No swingaway hitch as requested, but even with it, it's too long to garage, so I didn't fuss. Terrible walk-through (not knowledgeable, kept us waiting forever) but I did check out everything I could.

Anyhow, headed home in pouring rain, my wife reading the Prodigy manual. Failed at getting it in my driveway at first (long story, narrow street and driveway, neophyte) so I dropped her off and headed to church; not to pray (though it might have helped) but to practice backing up in their empty parking lot.

Finally got it situated and today opened her up. Easy. Battery needed charging so I plugged the rig in to shore power. They had left the radio on, so that may have drained the battery overnight, along with heavy tongue jack use as I famiiarized myself with the hitch arrangement.

No major concerns on first glance - my only regret is that we can't take her out for a couple of weeks due to other commitments. I'm pumped up about using it!

No doubt there will be lots of "phase 2" questions shortly. BTW, I tried to subscribe to this forum but got no autoreply x 2 emails.

Thans for all the pre-purchase help to all.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Congratulations Rich,

Now the fun begins... If you are like most of us you will find lots of modifications you want to do before you go out the first time.

Here are some of the ones I did before we left the first time. Shower curtain mod, wasp screen over vents, mount a blue carier under the camper, mount a clock/refer temp on the front cupboard, make a water fill tube and a water fill funnel.

And purchase all the other things I needed/wanted to have before we left, like a lock for the tounge, padlock for the hitch and receiver, longer heavy duty drain hose, 50' water line, circulating fan for the inside of the refrig, bedding, hydraulic jack and some blocks, wheel chocks, leveling blocks, kitchen aparatus (Kathy's domain ), extension cords, portable heater, 2 5-gal colapsable water bottles, and more than I can remember...

Again, congrats and have loads of fun..

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:49 PM   #3
Rich_in_Tampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Wire View Post
Now the fun begins... If you are like most of us you will find lots of modifications you want to do before you go out the first time.
Thanks, Keith. Some of those got taken off the list with our last RV, a class B, but I really like the sound of a blue carrier mount (I'll search the messages here). Hmm. locking down that ball mount sounds wise - easier than pulling it out and storing it in the TV I'd guess.

First, I figure out a way to organize that outside storage area around the battery. Very tall, reasonably wide, but all my stuff needs a place to avoid the typical chaos I usually end up with.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:09 PM   #4
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Rich,

I mounted my blue tote underneath between two frames using two bungie
cords. I used some self stick foam on the bottom of the trailer to keep it from rubbing.

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
beth14kk9

Congratulations Rich! Lucky you. I'm still waiting for a nice used 3124KS to come along somewhere within reasonable distance from P'Cola. Till then, I'll live vicariously through those of you who have yours by keeping up with your adventures on the list!

Beth
Old 07-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
skcerny

Hi Rich,

Congrats on the new TM. We have a '05 3023 and love it. We just got back from a two week camping vacation on Cape Cod.

In terms of storage, here a few things that we did.

1. We hung a some sort of cloth organizer in the fold down cabinet that holds towels and other miscellaneous light items.

2. Two small baskets that sit on top of the cabinet to hold change, wallet etc at night.

3. A cloth shoe holder that we hang on the wall facing the cabinet. It holds all of our shoes (myself, wife and two kids).

4. We use two 18 gallon and two 14 gallon Rubbermaid totes with lids to carry misc items. For example, I have a 12" dutchoven with the necessary tools that go into one of the 14 gallon totes. We have found that we can store these totes easily when towing. I put at 14 gallon one on top of a 18 gallon one and then the other 18 gallon on top of the 14 gallon. I put these between the two couches on our 3023 and they fit perfectly. When we get to our site, we unload them quickly and then I keep them outside the TM while camping. They usually fit under the TM nicely so they are out of the way.

5. We just build a microwave shelf over the stove that we mounted with extra clips we ordered from TM. That has cleared up a lot of counter space.

6. We also have the extra drawer that you can order.

7. Finally, we have an electric Coleman cooler that we use as an extra fridge for our longer trips. We set it on top of a Rubbermaid pullout drawer unit that we use that sits on the counter to the right of the sink.

Enjoy!