TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
erguy63

Question What should I looking for in the final inspection?

Hi, I am a new member and may be the new owner of a 1995 TM 2720. I am from Cleveland, Ohio. Far from retirement, (may be farther if Bush keeps wasting money), we like the camping but only can do about 5-10 times a year. So I just sold my 87 Toyota mini motorhome, ( that baby only has 13K miles), because I do not want to let it sit there and getting rust away. We know we do not want those huge trailers, like a house on the wheel, (nothing against those big ones, it helps the economy), just have no that kind money and skill of driving, and the TV as well. I have a 1994 Toyota T-100 with V6, which can tow 5000 Ibs.

So we decided to have a something light weight and easy to tow, all in our mind is a pop-up until we went to a RV show. One dealer has a used 1995 TM 2720 in excellent condition, one very careful owner which it has been stored in doors all those years. It has AC, frig, bath/shower, and heater. A very clean example. I also checked out a 1999 TM 3124 King which has much signs of usage. I think I am lucky after I read all those messages in this site and some folks willing to travel 4-500 miles to buy one and all those 2 just 40 min from my house. The 2720 was priced $8999, and 3124 king was $9999. But the dealer for the 3124 seems they are willing to take a deep discount to get rid of that 3124. Still my choice is the 2720, even though it is 4 years older, but looks 4 years younger than the 3124 king.

After negotiated a few rounds with the dealer in last couple days, we agreed the price for $6500 for the 1995 TM 2720, we will go over 2nd time to have the final inspection tomorrow, if everything works as the dealer promissed, we will buy it. Since we are pretty new to the TM, even though we love the TM concept and design at the first sight,( I guess I haven't learnt my lessons of my first marriage yet) we still know not too much about it. So what should we look out during the final inspection? Any feedback will be deeply appreciated.

ER guy
Cleveland.