TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2020, 10:42 AM   #1
Akrasia

Default 2016 trailmanor rise travel trailers 190tb?

Howdy folks! I've been looking at possibly getting a Trailmanor of my own. I ran across this for sale. I haven't seen anything about them anywhere. I believe it says this a prototype. They're listing it for north of $19k. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I assume a prototype is maybe a poor choice? I wanted to give it a fair shake though. Thank y'all in advance!
Akrasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:04 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I believe that TM made very few of the Rise version of the trailer. I'm not sure you would call it a "prototype" as much as a marketing experiment. TM simply wanted to know if there was a market for this floor plan. Apparently there was not.

However - I believe (again) that when TM built a Rise, they used all the same parts and methods as they did in manufacturing all the other models, so there should be no danger of getting stuck with an "orphan" that was made of strange parts.

I can't comment on the price. The fact of the matter is probably that so few were made that there is no experience base for pricing.

A google search on "Trail Manor Rise" will bring you a lot of info. There is an announcement of the soon-to-be-available Rise on Facebook. Although it is dated June 2014, almost everything else leads me to believe that first availability was summer 2015. I believe it was out of "production" by 2016 or 2017.

From Facebook
Quote:
"June 8, 2014 · BIG News. We're finalizing our new RISE travel trailer. It opens and closes with the touch of a remote control. Check out our website updates, and watch for more details in the coming days: http://trailmanor.com/wordpress/?page_id=494"
Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:19 PM   #3
Akrasia

Interesting. Thank you for the quick info! Might be worth a 7 hour drive
Akrasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:35 PM   #4
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I Like what I saw with the rise.

We were at the factory in TN. They had a small pole barn off to the side. The CEO invited us into the barn to see the rise they were designing. The one I saw was the lift was just installed and it was a hydraulic lift system.

He felt that there was a market void left by Hilo. He had all the numbers of Hilo productions. He felt Hilo two flaws were it's weight and the lift system. He was addressing these issues rise design with Trailmanor light weight material and the hydraulic
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 07:58 PM   #5
Shane826
TrailManor Master

I work in a shop that maintains plow trucks etc and have seen the mess hydraulics make when they leak... That scared me when I heard the Rise has a hydraulic lift.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote