TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
grakin

Default Help, won't open right...

I'm in the middle of a two week trip right now.

Last night, rear shell was kind of tough to get fully opened - it raises fine, but doesn't quite want to go back far enough.

Well tonight was even worse - I couldn't get the starboard side rear square aluminum latch (not sure what it's called) to latch - the rear shell simply won't go back far enough. I was able to muscle the port side one in, and I was able to get the rear bed far enough back to put the bathroom up - but barely.

I'm worried that it may have got damaged two days ago. When setting up, I noticed that the rear side main latch on the port side had come unlatched in transport. It didn't look like it broke anything, but...

It's new, and I'm sure my dealer would fix it no problem - but I'm thousands of miles away and would rather not spend time doing that if there's something quick I can do that will get me through the trip.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #2
Cowboy Cody

Howdy, I am no expert here but alignment problems on the TM usually stem from the unit not being leveled probably?
CBC
Old 06-23-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
dlkcub

Don't know if this will help but might be something to do with the "pocket stop' adjustment or something that got caught in the pocket that's keeping the shell from going up all the way. Check out this thread item #16.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ket+adjustment

Good luck on finding the problem and continuing with you trip.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
grakin

dlkcub,

Wow, thanks for the link! I searched the forums, but couldn't find anything that seemed relevant. That pocket stop adjustment was *exactly* what the problem was.

I was very level at the site I had the most problems at, nothing on the roof or between the seals, etc. I was getting really worried.

The problem is that the new-style pocket stop adjustment on my starboard side, rear shell, front arm (don't know what the back and front arms for each shell are called), was loose - I could turn the bolt by hand quite easily, which isn't good because I suspect the road vibrates it. In fact, I confirmed that when I fixed it earlier today, drove about 5 hours, and had to repeat the "adjustment" again to set up. I'll be applying some Loctite to the bolt when I get a chance.

If anyone from the factory is reading this...it would be nice if the bolt would stay firmly in place, and not rely on the friction of the threads alone...applying Loctite seems to be at least a good suggestion.

Thanks everyone who replied - you saved my trip! I'm in a sunny Pennsylvania campground. The TM has towed wonderfully, although I must admit the PA turnpike outside of Philly, complete with narrow lanes and construction, made for an anxious drive - but I can only imagine what I would have thought with a longer and taller trailer that swayed when I was passed!