TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2004, 08:34 PM   #1
Factor

Default Hanging Cupboard

I see in the pictures that the trailmaonor has hanging cupboards, storage. What happens when the trialer is folded down? Do they just fold in or do they have to be removed and placed ont he floor?
John
Old 03-21-2004, 09:12 PM   #2
jniles

Default Re:Hanging Cupboard

We only have one in out unit and they are an option. According to Bill Husley at the TM factory they have a weight 15 lbs in the 2004 models. You do set them on the floor prior to closing the unit for towing. We keep light paper goods and disposable tableware items in ours so it probably only has a weight of 20-25 lbs at any time.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:31 PM   #3
shunter917
Site Sponsor

I think most people use them for lightweight things. Ours has paper plates, plastic cups, cofffee cups, napkins, etc. in it. I just set it on the floor in front of the sofa and place a pillow next to it to keep it in place.

It's very handy to have. We had thought about adding a second one, but I don't think there's enough room.
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 07:58 AM   #4
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

We've even used ours on the floor for our TV to sit on and stored underneath, ours is in a 3326, so I don't know how much room you'll have.

Pam
Brightsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 12:48 PM   #5
jniles

When we pulled our unit home from the dealer we did not lay the cabinet flat on it's back. It was placed on the side. When we got home the door hinged next to the floor had come open and scratched some other cabinets for most of 300 miles. The scratches are hard to find now but still made the both of us mad that we could be so stupid. Now we always place it flat on the carpet with a blanket or whatever and stays put.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:34 PM   #6
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

We just pull the rug that we have in front of the sink up a bit to put some material between the hanging cabint and the base cabinet, but not before we scratched the base cabinet a little like John mentioned. We keep paper goods and medications in that hanging cabinet and it is very easy to manage.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 07:05 AM   #7
Factor

What about the long shelf/cupboard over the couch/bed on the 2720SL
Old 03-23-2004, 07:30 AM   #8
CC_Turtle

that shelf stays there... if it is the same that is in our 2720sl...

teresa
Old 03-23-2004, 09:04 AM   #9
barker_djb

Just a comment: we feel the cupboard is well worth getting. Its somewhat useful for storage after you set up, but I guess the biggest thing for me is it makes the trailer look more continuous, maybe more seamless. More like home. If it weren't there, it'd kind of look like a weird empty area up there!
barker_djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:17 AM   #10
Cateye
Cateye

We have found this to be one of the most useful items in our trailer. We created a velcro attachment on the bottom for paper towels.
Cateye is offline   Reply With Quote