TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #31
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Just browsing through this thread and it reminds me how my Dad way back in the day drilled the front bumper of his '71 VW Beetle and mounted a ball so he could easily maneuver the Starcraft pop-up camper around a corner of the house in and out of a small storage area in the side yard. Worked fine too, but of course it was only a pop-up and you could push it around easily by hand on smooth pavement.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #32
moaboy

Got my PurpleLine Enduro "caravan movers" installed on my 2720. Backed my TM up into my garage, piece of cake! My dw could not believe how easy it was. Used to take 3 of us to push it in. I have a side entry garage and really makes it simple to do.
The neat thing is one can walk all around your RV as you back it up. Prevents even me from hitting something. Powered it over the lip of my garage no problem. I got a local RV shop (Kennedy's) to install them. Bobby did a great job. He had to do some minor mods to the mounting brackets, and not much room to spare with the proper spacing in front of the tire and between the metal step-fits by less than an inch, but it works. Amazing how one can maneuver so precisely. PurpleLine folks great to work with as well - their USA rep. Paul is knowledgeable, and helpful. Will allow me to do some solo traveling. Highly recommend.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #33
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Moaboy,

Congratulations, I've been wondering if you had the motors installed. I couldn't agree with how easy it makes parking or postioning the camper at the camp site. Good to hear you're as happy as I am with getting the system and it all worked out for you.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #34
moaboy

Kidkraz,
Yes and thanks for all your info. It made me much more comfortable about moving forward. Glad I did.

My wife now thinks I should make a video of our trailer "mysteriously" moving...yea quite a sense of humor, anyway, pretty amazing way to back ones trailer into a tight space or do so solo.

Also a few years ago, I was at a site south of Virginia Beach, Sandbridge and I wanted mt door/awning to face a particular way so I had to pull in to the space-not back in. (This site had dual hook ups.) It was quite a hassle. With the Enduro's I could just have unhitched and motor it right in.

Again, thanks for your help.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:38 AM   #35
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

You are welcome. My friend who installed my motors suggested the same thing. Have it open and then just move it some forward and back. Maybe around Holloween.

Old 10-16-2023, 02:05 PM   #36
linuxman
Site Sponsor

I got very creative and ordered this from amazon and saw the frame mounting was seriously complained about in a lot of the reviews. I found the actual manufacturer of the lower motor part and they had an adapter to replace on the shaft and had a cup that the jack column set in same as the wheel adapter that comes with it. That made it worthwhile and even moved it on dirt and grass due to the tongue weight being pretty high on these things with the front down a little.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NVTHG36...roduct_details
https://minimovergeneration2.com/pro...erter-bracket/
Its slow but worked really good and about 450 total.
linuxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 09:28 PM   #37
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

The Amazon link goes to error page, can ya repost a good link?

Old 10-18-2023, 06:26 AM   #38
linuxman
Site Sponsor

Default Good link Amazon

Novawinch NVYC-500 Trailer Mover 550W 12V Electric Trailer Jockey Wheel Max Vehicle Load 1100Lbs Utility Trailer Jack Easy to Maneuver Trailer Camper Caravan Boat + Lock and Key https://a.co/d/eypB0DP

The new part takes it up to 6k weight capacity and around 450 total cost.
Steve
linuxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 07:03 PM   #39
Wavery
TrailManor Master

I have the Parkit 360 and the Trailer Mover 550W 12V Electric Trailer Jockey Wheel.

The Parkit 360 will move the trailer over most dry surfaces and has a lot of power. The Trailer Mover will not move our TM on any over surface than dry concrete. I've gone through 2-tire treads on it because I tried to get it to push my TM up a slight grade on our concrete driveway. It's sort of a pain to install when you get home from camping and again when you are getting ready for the next campout. The good thing about it, it doesn't take up much room in the garage.

The Parkit 360.Just works. Ours has a built-in 12V car battery (and self contained charger) that I charge every 2 or 3 trips.

They are both very slow and a bit hard to navigate.

Any questions?